Chapter #9 Blyke

Me and Remi finally arrived to class. We both sat apart like usual, but the memory that had tooken place a few minutes ago, couldn't leave my mind.

      And that's how I ended up getting detention for 'not paying attention' in class.

      I tried to persuade the teacher to let me go, but she at that moment wasn't so lenient.

      So here I am, sitting on one of the miserable tables of doom. Awaiting my demise.

      "Let's see, Blyke..." the teacher began.

      "Here." I groaned. I slammed my face on the desk, hoping that I could disappear.

      "Okay, Elaine..." the teacher continued.

      Elaine stood up, "absent!"

      The teacher simply glared at her. "How about Christian..."

      There was silence in the classroom. It was so silent, that you could hear an ability activate.

      "Okay..." the teacher scowled, "then how about... Isen."

      Isen looked up, "here."

      "Well it seems that you three are the only ones here." The teacher paused. "Stay where you are, I need to find Christian."

      We all nodded in sync. But I could tell that we all had different plans.

      "Perfect." With that, she made her way out the door, and she disappeared.

      Suddenly, another teacher appeared with Remi.

      "I found the one who beat up the poor boy in the hallways." The other teacher pushed Remi into the room. "Better be careful with that one." And with that, she looked around.

      "Isn't there a teacher that needs to be here?"

      "Well..." Elaine began. "Christian escaped the class by jumping out the window." She pointed to the window that was currently there. "It seems like instead of you supervising us, you should go over to find him."

      I grinned, seems like detention wouldn't be so bad.

      The teacher nodded, "I can help with that."

      She left, and we were all silent. Minutes passed, and finally, we could begin to take advantage of the situation.

      "You are a god." Isen said with awe, as he looked at Elaine. "That was awesome! And now we got freedom!"

      We all nodded.

      "Thanks!" Elaine blushed, "but trust me, I wanted it just as much as you guys did."

      We all looked around, 4 of the seven top in the school were here.

      "What a coincidence." I said sarcastically, "four out of the seven top are in this class. Or should I say detention."

      Remi grinned at me, "and most of us hate each other."

      "Well I expected that Defamatory would be here." Elaine sulked, "you are right." She looked all around, " everyone here is my enemy." She specifically looked at me and Remi. "Some more than others."

      "Same," Isen replied. "But then again, Arlo never gets detention."

      Remi looked at me, "well, I'm pretty surprised to see Noxious in detention. He never gets in trouble."

      I looked down, "the teacher was having a bad day."

      They all looked at me in pity.