[1.17] T h e S e c o n d C o n f e s s i o n

C h a p t e r  S e v e n t e e n
A p r i l • P o v

"Hayden tells you he loves you, you share the best kiss of your life and then you ignore him for a whole week." I nod sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck.

Sapphire slaps me hard on the cheek, "What the hell?"

She slams her hand down on the coffee table, "Imagine how that poor guy must feel after confessing how he feels about you, kisses the life out of you only for his so called girlfriend to ignore him for a week. Even I'd be feeling gutted and consider ending it."

I frown, feeling utterly bad but honestly this past week has been horrible. I've missed Hayden's touch, his kisses, the way he makes every day better than the last. I've just missed my baby in general.

Without him, I feel empty as though a piece of me is lost without Hayden.

I look back at Sapphire, watching as her frown turn upwards, "You love him, don't deny it, April. You deserve happiness, don't let your past get to you."

I told Sapphire about my past with Noah and how much he broke me, how he made me feel like no one else would love me like he would.

And he was right.

No one would ever love me in the horrible way he did.

The only person I want to love me is Hayden.

And God, I've been such an idiot.

"Sapphire, I need a massive favour."

H a y d e n • P o v

I miss her so much.

I ruined everything, I shouldn't have told my Babygirl that I love her.

I should have waited, I must have scared her.

She must be disgusted at the thought of someone like me loving her, and to top off, she's ignored me for a whole week.

Maybe I should forget about April and move on.

Oh who am I kidding? How can I forget the girl who makes my heart race, the one who makes me feel like everything is going to be okay, the one who can drive me crazy with just a lopsided smirk of hers.

I'm whipped.

"You truly are, brother." I snap back into reality, looking over at my bestfriend, Justin, as he sips on his beer.

"April's got you bad, huh? What does it feel like to be in love?"

I sigh, "It should feel amazing but right now, the girl I love hasn't talked to me for a whole week and I'm honestly going crazy."

I hear nothing and look up to see Justin reading a text on his phone, "I got to go, you should head home. I'll call you later."

I frown at his behaviour, gathering my things as I slowly walk out his dorm and back to mine.

Hopefully April will actually talk to me, god I've missed her voice.

I unlock the door and my jaw almost drops at the sight in front of me.

Everywhere around the room are candles, a rose laid at each of them. In the middle room spells the words I love you and I almost collapse on the spot.

"I'm sorry Hayden for everything I put you." I spin around and my eyes almost bulge out of my sockets at the gorgeous girl in front of me.

My April.

My Babygirl.

"I was scared of falling in love again. My ex hurt me in more ways than another and thankfully not physically. We had a rough breakup and two months later, I meet you and my world is thrown off course. You are my world and I realise that now. I love you Hayden West and I'm continuing to fall in love with you." She runs into my arms, pressing her lips to mine.

And I can honestly say I finally feel at home.