[1.3] T h e F r i e n d

C h a p t e r T h r e e
A p r i l • P o v

"Hayden, where's my bag?" I shout from the kitchen, putting two plates on the kitchen counter as I pile them up with freshly baked pancakes.

"Here," my roommate hands me my bag and takes one plate full of home-made pancakes, breaking a piece before popping into his mouth as he chews loudly with his mouth.

Just gross.

"Hayden, you're getting food everywhere. I just cleaned yesterday." I moan, getting out the dustpan and brush.

In the 2 weeks I've gotten to know Hayden, I've learnt he's a very messy person in general, isolates himself all the time and is very flirty when he wants to be.

We've had our moments and I sometimes find myself wondering if that's all I ever be to him.

Something of a moment.

"These pancakes are so dammn good, Babygirl. What lecture have you got today again?"

"Creative writing." I answer him, looking for the syrup in the cupboard.

It's on the top shelf and I struggle to reach it when all of a sudden, I feel Hayden's warm breath fanning my neck. As he grabs the syrup, our hands touch so slightly as  feel a jolt of electricity curse through my veins from the contact, causing me to feel light-headed.

"There you go, Babygirl." He whispers huskily in my ear, before going back to his plate of pancakes like he didn't just see the massive effect he has on me.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to catch my breath and calm down my heart, which is beating as though I've ran a marathon.

Why does Hayden make me feel this way? It's so strange yet exciting at the same time.

"Are you ready to go? I've got Architecture or something like that." He eats his last pancake in one bite before eyeing me as I eat all my pancakes in one bite.

I may be a clean freak but I do love my food.

I find myself hugging Hayden, resting my head on his chest as he stiffens slightly before relaxing into my touch, "Have a good day, Hayden and try not to think of your Babygirl too much." I wink, walking out the apartment with a mischievous smirk.

Not missing the fact that I heard him groan at the mention of the word 'babygirl' leaving my lips.

1 point to babygirl, nil to Hayden.

a t l e c t u r e

I walk into the auditorium, my nerves eating away my insides as I sit next to a beautiful blonde with blue eyes and a gorgeous smile, located at the back.

"Hi, I'm Sapphire. You're really pretty and you're sitting next to me and I'm just really excited to meet you." I laugh aloud at her outburst, already finding myself warming up to this bubbly person.

"Sorry, I ramble a lot when I'm nervous." I shake her hand, feeling her muscles visibly relax.

"I'm April and I'm the same. I think we're going to be very good friends."

Sapphire grins, showing her pearly white teeth, "I think so too."

The professor walks in and we both quieten down as she starts the lecture.

Ooh Creative writing, I love you.

a f t e r l e c t u r e

"Oooh Creative writing, I hate you so much." I yell, walking out the auditorium, Sapphire following behind me as she tells people to mind their own business.

"That was the longest lecture ever, do you know how exhausted I am?" I collapse onto my knees, burying my head in my hands.

"Fancy a cup of coffee? Always cheers me up when I'm not in the best of moods." I nod, letting Sapphire help me up as we walk in the direction of the best coffee on campus.

Making a new friend can come in handy sometimes.

Who I'm kidding, it comes in handy all the time, especially when they know the best places to get coffee.