[1.15] T h e C h r i s t m a s E v e

C h a p t e r  F i f t e e n
A p r i l • P o v

"So what are you doing for Christmas?" I ask Hayden, walking into the living room with a bowl of cereal.

He shrugs, a sad expression crossing his gorgeous features, "I'm just going to chill here by myself."

My heart pains and I feel like a half of me is breaking inside just from seeing the pain on Hayden's face, "Don't you have any family to go to?"

He snorts as if I told a funny joke, "My Dad is a drug addict and hates me and well my dear mother is married off to some rich billionaire with two sons who are doing much better than me.

"Oh baby." I put my empty bowl and jump onto Hayden's lap, wrapping my small arms around his large frame.

He relaxes under my touch and I can't help but smile satisfied that my touch calms him down.

That is the greatest achievement any girlfriend could accomplish.

"My Mum said you can come back home with me for Christmas a few months back, she said she wanted to meet you and my Dad is also expecting you." I announce, grinning as Hayden looks at me confused.

"I'd feel like I'd be intruding. It's better I don't ruin your Christmas." I slap Hayden on the arm.

Hard.

"Ow, what the hell?" Hayden snaps, looking at me as if I've gone crazy.

"You're coming with me back home for Christmas and that is final."

4 h o u r s l a t e r

"I can't believe you convinced me to come here with you, Babygirl." Hayden mutters, climbing out of my blue Ford.

I roll my eyes, taking his hand in mine as we walk to the front door, "Relax Hayden, they're going to love you as much as I do."

We both freeze at the last bit of my sentence, the air around us becoming awkward and silent.

Hayden lets out a humph, both us forgetting what I said as clutches my hands tighter.

I ring the doorbell, waiting patiently as I silently curse under my breath.

Why the hell did I say that? God, you're so stupid April.

"My baby is back home." My Mum shouts with joy, pulling me to her small body as she hugs me tightly.

I hug her with equally as much joy before pulling away, "Mum, this is Hayden West, my boyfriend."

She looks at me stunned before smirking at my boyfriend, "Welcome to the family, son."

My Mum hugs Hayden and he seems to be taken aback before hugging her wholeheartedly and I can tell he's very happy

"I like your Mum, she reminds me of what a Mum really should be. Cuddly and warm."

I kiss him on the nose. "You little cutie," I walk into the house I became an adult, breathing it all in.

"Aprillll."

I follow the sound of a young teengaer's voice and turn around only to be knocked by Katy, my younger sister

"Katy, god I've missed you."

"I've missed you so much." She mumbles, wrapping her slim arms around my neck as we lie on the floor.

" She mumbles, wrapping her slim arms around my neck as we lie on the floor