[1.7] T h e M o m e n t

C h a p t e r  S e v e n
A p r i l • P o v

"What happened to that blind date you were going on? You've been talking about it all week." I ask, venom evident in my voice, surprising both me and Hayden.

"Are you jealous, Babygirl? And I was lying, I was only doing it to see your reaction." I blush, looking away, feeling slightly relived and annoyed.

Why am I relived? I shouldn't care at all whether he wants to go on a blind date or not.

"Why the hell would I be jealous? You're free to date whoever you want." I shrug, not at all believing what I'm saying or liking it for that matter.

Before I know it, Hayden is pinning me against my bed, both his arms caging me in.

"So if I talked to any girl in this way, you wouldn't care?" He ask seductively, causing me to shiver.

"Y-y-yeah." I try to escape but Hayden won't budge.

"And if I called any other girl Babygirl like I do with you, you wouldn't care?" He whispers in my ear huskily, his hot breath fanning against my ear.

He nibbles the top of my ear, creating goosebumps all over my body.

What is this feeling and why am I liking this so much?

"So how come you look a lot more affected than someone who wouldn't care?" Hayden mumbles, tucking a tendril of hair behind my ear.

"I'll be in the kitchen making popcorn if you need me." He climbs off me, walking out of my room and leaving me hella confused.

What was that all about and why do I feel jealous at the thought of Hayden doing that to any other girl?

Snap out of it, April.

I need to speak to Sapphire, she'll know what to do.

"You like him, you idiot." Sapphire comments after I tell her everything that just happened and what I'm feeling right now.

I shake my head, not believing what she's saying, "I can't. Hayden doesn't even like me in that way."

I hear a lot of shuffling down the line before a loud slap, as though she were slapping some sense into me, "Of course he likes you, dumb ass. He's liked you since Day 1 and you haven't been able to see it."

"He can't, can we not talk about it? I'm so confused. Anyway, what's up with you? You seem happy." I ask suspiciously, Sapphire goes quiet and I instantly know a boy is the cause.

"Spit it out, bitch or I will make you." I threaten, hoping my commanding voice does the trick.

"You know that ginger guy I met at the party last night? Well his name is Tom and he goes our uni and he's really nice and he's so cute and he asked me out on a date and I said yes and I'm nervous because it's tomorrow and I don't know what to wear." She babbles, a thing my best friend tends to do when she's nervous.

"I'll help you with everything and I'm so happy for you, Sapphire. I've got to go because me and Mr Flirt are having a movie marathon."

She winks, wiggling her eyebrows, "Use protection, kids."

"Sapphire!" I end the call, breathing heavily.

God, what are best friends for?