[1.5] T h e P a r t y

C h a p t e r F i v e
A p r i l • P o v

"God, this party looks awesome." I yell above the music, searching for Sapphire as she looks more in awe at the place than I am, fanning herself for extra dramatic effect.

"Let's go get some drinks, I'm feeling very courageous tonight." I nod enthusiastically, following her as we find the bar.

"What do you want?"

I shrug, "How about some Coca Cola?"

Sapphire shakes her head, raising an eyebrow, "Why don't we go for some Vodka?"

I accept the unspoken challenge nodding as I look around. I cringe slightly at the sweat on people as well as others who don't know the meaning of get a room.

Sapphire hands me a shot, drinking hers down in one gulp. "I'm going over to that cute ginger guy over there. Catch you later?"

Before I can protest, she's disappeared into the crowd and I can't help but frown when I realise I have no one.

Sapphire is so going to get it when I find her.

l o a d s o f s h o t s l a t e r

"My hands are in the air like I just don't care," I slur, dancing on the top of the bar counter, cheers erupting as most of the boys stare at me like I'm some piece of food.

Well they ain't going to be getting a taste of me so they can starve as much as they want.

I start swaying my body to the music, enjoying myself as the music becomes more and more upbeat. "April."

I stop dancing and look down to see Hayden look at me with eyes full of anger and another emotion I can't quite put my finger on.

Jealously?

But why would Hayden be jealous? He's got no reason especially when he was full on flirting with that redhead, who's in my Creative writing class.

Stupid bitch.

"Yes baby boy? As you can see him, I'm dancing. Come back when I can make a room in my schedule for you, oh wait there is no room." I tell him sassily, sticking my tongue out before shaking my hips, ignoring him.

Before I know it, my body is thrown against Hayden's shoulder and my eyes fall on his sexy looking butt as he walks out the house party.

Giggling to myself, I smack Hayden's butt, feeling it tense under my touch.

"Stop hitting my butt, April." He growls sexily, causing me to swoon.

He's not calling me baby girl meaning he must be very angry.

"Are you angry with me, Hayden? I'm very sorry if I made you angry." I somehow manage to jump out of Hayden's arms and look him dead in the eye, standing in front of him.

Hayden looks away, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I'm not angry, Babygirl. I just don't like the thought of other guys looking at you with like you're some sort of prey."

"And I don't like you flirting with any other girl but me." I say boldly, the alcohol doing all the talking.

Hayden smirks, looking me down, "Are you jealous, Babygirl?"

"I don't need to be jealous, Hayden because I'm not the one who has to throw a girl over his shoulder just because I don't like the fact that she's been watched by loads of horny boys." I speak hurriedly, tripping over my shoes as I somewhat manage to keep on my feet and off the floor.

He blushes slightly, dragging me into the apartment as he gets me a cup of water.

I close my eyes before fainting, the alcohol finally getting to me.