[1.4] T h e M a k e o v e r

C h a p t e r  F o u r
A p r i l • P o v

"You're so lucky living with Hayden West, he's like the walking definition of sexy. How can one guy be so gorgeous?" Sapphire sighs dreamily, sipping on her coffee as I look out the window.

I scoff, "He may be sexy but he's always isolating himself and get this, he flirts with just about everyone."

That last bit wasn't true, at least I hadn't see it in action but Hayden's character says otherwise.

"How do you know him anyways?" I ask, taking a bite out of my chocolate muffin, biting back a moan at how delicious it tastes.

Sapphire shrugs, tying her blonde hair into a ponytail, "He's my twin brother's bestfriend but I've never really spoken to the guy. I bet his voice is just as sexy as him."

"Don't worry though, he's all yours. Hayden is not my type and besides, I ship you two." I choke on my muffin, wiping my mouth with the sleeve of my jumper.

"I don't like Hayden in that way. You can have him, I'm being serious," I brush her off even though a part of me is relieved that she isn't going after my roommate.

Not that I care anyways.

Oh shut the hell up, you're fucking relived, dipshit.

"I can just feel the sexual tension between the two of you and he's not even here." Sapphire giggles, studying me carefully like she trying to work something out.

I cough, turning away from the subject, "Have you heard about the party some guy called Justin is throwing?"

Sapphire nods, smiling widely, "My twin brother. He's always one to throw parties and even I must admit, they're not half bad. You're coming, right?"

"Yes and if your brother is throwing it, Hayden will be there too. What's the theme?"

My friend winks, "Casual. We're going shopping and you're going to look your best tonight. We're going to knock Hayden off his feet."

6 h o u r s l a t e r

"You look amazing, April. Absolutely stunning." Sapphire smiles proudly, looking at her accomplished piece of work.

I stand in front of the mirror, eyes wide as I still can't get over the fact that's me looking actually presentable for the first time in my twenty one years of existence.

I actually look and feel beautiful. I'm wearing a white blouse, which shows my cleavage enough to draw boys in and not look slutty at the same time, with some blue ripped jeans and black pumps.

My usually dull brown hair is curled, flowing down my back in light waves. I have a light layer of makeup, which still embraces my natural beauty, enough to make me look like somewhat of a model.

"You've got an amazing figure, babe. I don't get why you hide behind all those baggy hoodies and tracksuit bottoms." Sapphire tilts her head to the side, looking equally beautiful herself with a red crop top and denim skirt, paired together with black heels.

"April, I was wonder... woah." Hayden walks into my room, his eyes almost falling out of his sockets as his mouth hangs open.

I feel appreciated and sexy under his gaze and seize the opportunity, "Didn't your parents teach you to knock before entering?"

He soon recovers and I take the time to admire him in his simple blue shirt and jeans, showcasing the muscle underneath. "I'm sorry but Babygirl, you look breathtaking. I just..wow."

And with that, he walks out my room and the slam of the door indicates that he just exited the apartment, leaving me like a fucking tomato.

"The sexual tension between you two is killing me and what was all that about? He calls you Babygirl, that is like a massive clue that he likes you." Sapphire looks at me as if I'm growing crazy.

"How can you not see he's crazy about you? I'm sure it's going to be very hard to keep his dick in his pants." She mutters, putting everything away.

"Sapphire!" I yell at her, a furious blush creeping onto my cheeks.

I'm really hoping that all she's saying is true, I might need a drink or two.