49

"So, um, Namjoon sent the recording over," Yoongi started, seemingly nervous as he bit at his bottom lip, hands twisting together, although Jimin didn't know why.

Yoongi did however.

An exciting kind of anxiety was churning in his stomach, fingers itching, gaze refusing to leave Jimin's plump lips or his wide, doe like eyes that he probably didn't realize were taking him in desperately. The big, innocent orbs were dark with want, and swimming with affection, and addictive, and Yoongi just couldn't get enough of his ridiculous, overwhelming beauty.

And so he was nervous, nervous Jimin could tell, and nervous that he would lose himself in this breath taking sight, this breath taking boy, who was walking over to him, and sitting beside him, and he could feel his gentle warmth, his small fingers brushing against his, and the scent clinging to his cute oversized sweater.

"For Serendipity," He elaborated though he suspected Jimin had already known that. "And I thought we could listen to it."

Jimin nodded enthusiastically, a gorgeous smile turning his eyes into crescent moons again.

"I'd love to hyung." He replied in his soft, light voice, instantly easing some of Yoongi's fear. He breathed out in slight relief, clicking on the recording Namjoon had emailed to him and grinning a bit as the song burst from his speakers, filling the air in pastel colored waves.

It somehow sounded different now that Jimin could hear himself.

He always felt he sounded different on recording, but that wasn't really was caught his attention this time around.

As he had been singing it, he'd been thinking of Yoongi, of his yearning and craving and love for him, the need and want he'd tried to ignore, the way he was completely addicted and completely in love with every move he made.

He'd thought of all Yoongi had been for him since they'd met, how everything he did had Jimin falling for him harder, and his fear of this love falling apart like the last, his fear of this love being unrequited, but also all the events that led him to find this beautiful person, how lucky he'd had to be, to even be saved from the bleeding, darkening nightmare he'd been trapped in.

The past scared him, and it instilled a terror of the future, a future he could have with Yoongi, and how that would be ruined too.

Even before Seo-Jun, he'd felt he wasn't enough, wasn't pretty enough, smart enough, thin enough, that he was doing everything wrong, that his existence was an inconvenience, an annoyance.

And then Seo-Jun took everything he knew hurt him, all of his insecurities, everything he hated about himself, and threw it back at him, turning already bloodied blades sharper and stained with his pain, the color of his cries now reflected in his eyes, now burning with every word that fell from his poisonous mouth, and his voices were being proven right.

And Yoongi...

Yoongi was the first person he trusted again after his trust was broken.

And he was terrified that he wouldn't be enough for Yoongi either, that Yoongi might hurt him too.

But...

But even so...

He wanted Yoongi.

He loved Yoongi.

And when that realization crashed over him, he couldn't help it.

It rose to the surface of his heart and mind...

And it came out in his voice.

He could hear it.

And he was pretty sure Yoongi could hear it too.

And maybe that was why he said his next words.

"I wrote that song about you."

And only then did he realize how close they were.

He turned his head, and met Yoongi's gorgeous eyes.

His heated breaths fanned out across his cheekbones, his solemn, loving, wanting gaze locked on him.

His heart stumbled in his chest.

"You...you what?"

And Yoongi's hand, so warm, so gentle, was reaching up, caressing his cheek, tracing the arch of his eyebrows, the slope of his nose.

"I wrote it about you," He continued, voice lowering to a half whisper, lingering in the suddenly hot air between them, the space that seemed much too wide now. Jimin wanted to be close to him. He wanted to touch him. "And I understand if you're not ready, I understand if you don't feel the same..." Impossibly close now, their heart beats thudding so hard against each other, Yoongi's scent flooding Jimin's senses, muddling his thoughts. And Yoongi's eyes fell to his lips, and he was running over them with the pad of his thumb. So soft. "But Jimin...Jimin I..." He could already feel the ghost of his lips, his fingers, his skin. He almost mouthed the words into his bones.

"Jimin, I love you."

And Jimin pressed his lips to his.