35

"Jiminieeeee," Tae dragged out slowly, poking Jimin's flushed puffy cheek, and laughing slightly when he attempted to swat him away with his small, sleepy hands. "Time to wake up."

Jimin groaned, the soft noise vibrating in his delicate throat, and he turned away from his tall friend, hiding his face in his pillow.

"Go away Tae...five more minutes..." He mumbled, curling into himself and pulling his blankets further up.

Tae giggled quietly, tanned fingers wrapping around Jimin's bare ankles and tugging gently.

"As much as I'd love to let you sleep longer Jimin, there's breakfast on the-"

"Breakfast!" Jimin shouted in alarm, eyes suddenly wide open and brimming with panic, and he was sitting up straight. He desperately pushed away the sheets tangled around his slender legs, breaths stuttering and stinging his heaving chest as his heart thudded against his rib cage. Tae stares at him in concern as he stumbled around, tripping over his own feet in his anxiety.

"Jimin?" He asked softly, reaching out to rest his palm on the older's shoulder, but he flinched at his touch, and he immediately pulled away.

"I-I..." Jimin stuttered, working himself into a deeper panic, yanking at his locks as fear flooded his gentle features. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I should have gotten up earlier, please don't yell, please, I'll make breakfast really fast, and...and I'll make your favorite for dinner! I'm sorry! Please don't be mad at me!"

Tae frowned, his warm eyes shifting with sadness and heart ache as he realized what was happening.

Seo-Jun.

He thought he was with Seo-Jun again.

Tae folded the shaking boy into his arms, holding him against his chest, and tracing soothing patterns on his back.

"Jimin, it's me, it's me Taehyung." He reassured him, breath tickling his ear, and Jimin whimpered quietly, swallowing as he pressed closer to him, clutching at his shirt.

"Tae...Taehyung?" He whispered, shoulders beginning to sink with the realization.

"Yeah," He hummed, resting his chin on Jimin's head. "It's Taehyung. You're safe Jiminie, you're okay."

And Jimin couldn't help but cry quietly into his chest, from the relief or the pain, he wasn't sure.

But it was only one out of the many times an incident like this would take place on Jimin's path to healing.