3

He wasn't home that evening.

That was happening a lot now.

He wasn't at home a lot anymore, and when he was, he was always angry, there was always something Jimin had done wrong, and there was always a need for comfort.

Even if Jimin felt like dying himself, as soon as he said he wasn't okay, Jimin forgot about his own well being, and drained himself of color trying to help someone who never helped him.

Jimin wasn't sure how he felt about it.

The not coming home.

On one hand, he was enjoying some time for himself, when he didn't have to analyze everything he did out of fear of judgment and harassment.

On the other, he was very lonely. He'd always gotten lonely easily. He was neglected quite often as a child, and should have been used to being on his own, but he wasn't, and he hated being alone, and he hated the pain that came with it.

And so, unable to ignore that dull ache resounding in every part of him, he left the house, hoping he would not be there by the time he got back, and went out to borrow books.

Because Jimin loved books, and he needed an escape right now.

But he got more than a few good books that night.

He got more than pages of worlds to lose himself in, inked words to replace the floods of burning, tendrils of poison, screeching, screaming behind his skull, underneath his eyes.

He got more than he had ever hoped to get in his entire life.

That night, under the artificial library lights, dressed in black sweatpants and an oversized beige sweater, arms around his torso, surrounded by the only silence he could live through, he met someone.

And god, was he beautiful.