Forgiveness

June 18, 20XXThursday

June 18, 20XX
Thursday

I hum as I listen to the sweet sound of the pitter-patter of the rain.

I forgive you, rain. 

Even though you have kept us trapped in the room, you have made it up with your sweet melody.

I lay on my back with my eyes closed.

I've been looking for the right time to talk to Taehyung about Jungkook.

With the rain keeping us in, this was the perfect opportunity.

I roll onto my side and lean into my hand as I watch Taehyung and Taennie playing on the floor.

Taehyung laughs as he rolls away from Taennie's desire to lick his face.

He holds up his phone and swipes through it, his free hand petting Taennie.

Suddenly, he sits up and hunches over his phone, his hair covering his expression.

"What is this...?" I hear him mumble. "It can't be."

I turn my head over to look him.

He must have seen something surprising on his feed.

He scoots back and leans against the wall, bringing his legs in as he continues to be on his phone.

I play with my fingers, thinking of how to bring up Jungkook.

"Taehyung, I've been wanting to tell you something..." I clasp my hands tightly together and bite my lip.

His eyes flicker up and penetrate through me.

Yikes, it's like he knows.

"It's about Jungkook..."

I notice that he tightens his grip on his phone.

I knew that it wasn't going to be an easy conversation.

Too late to back out now. 

I lick my lips before saying,  "I think...you should... forgive him."

Looking at me, he narrows his eyes and extends a leg.

Taehyung continues to stare at me for a while before looking back down to his phone.

"No."

I gulp, feeling the atmosphere change in the room.

It's chilling.

He must really resent Jungkook.

But holding in a grudge is poisonous to his soul.

He bites his fingernails and goes back to scrolling on his phone, obviously done with our conversation.

Like a child...

"Tae..." I say his name gently. Before I could say more, he snaps. It's like a switch went off.

Angry, he cuts me off, "I dont need this from you! Why are you even on his side? It's true, isn't it?"

He said the last part more to himself.

I knit my eyebrows together, wanting to cry just from him raising his voice slightly.

"What is?"

He exhales shortly, "...that you have a soft spot for him? You guys did more than just meet, didn't you guys?"

I sit up quickly.

What? What is he accusing me of?

"No that project was fake... And you know that..."

Why is he making this so hard?

Why does he create a fire every time?

"There was that time in the car..." he brings up.

"And I explained there was nothing going on... "

Unbelievable.

"When you said there was nothing going on with the cashier, I believed you. I'm telling you theres nothing going on with Jungkook, why can't you believe me?"

Taehyung shrugs and stays quiet.

I shake my head in disbelief. "Don't you know that I wouldn't do that?" I grip tightly into my dress.

He shakes his head and says, "No, I don't. I guess I dont really know you."

I blink back my tears. "Really? You're really going to say that after everything we've been through."

Nothing.

"You're the only guy I've been with..." I sniffle and wipe my eyes.

"All the more reason to want a taste of something else, right?"

He says it so quietly that I almost thought I was imagining him saying that.

I raise my head to point my eyes at him.

Angrily, I get up and rush for the door.

Before I turn the door knob, I turn to him so he can realize how much he has hurt me.

Once I'm out this door, I'm not coming back.

"Is that really what you have to say to me?"

He looks away.

With a tightness wrapped around me chest, I pull the door and step out.

At the last second, he scrambles to get up and chase after me.

But it was too late, I run away from him.

They say that your relationship is truly tested during your first fight.

Only strong ones can make it passed them.

I don't think we can make it through this one.

Because Taehyung does not forgive.