Song for you

MAY 11, 20XXMONDAY

MAY 11, 20XX
MONDAY

"Sing to me," I whisper as I run my finger delicately around the shape of Taehyung's lips.

He playfully nips the tip of my finger before placing a kiss ontop.

Taehyung was in more pain today. He had some more tests run on him. There was talks of him starting chemo. I could tell the news hit him hard.

He pulled me into his chest and wrapped the blanket warmly around me.

He was quiet for a few seconds but then he opened his mouth and softly sang. I close my eyes and feel the hum of his voice radiate from his chest.

"~I wrote a long letter 
to the moon one day
It isn’t brighter than you but
I lit a small candle~"

Taehyung sang slow and his voice would come up from his whisper to project such sadness and brokenness.

"~The nameless bird that sings
in the park at dawn
Where are you 
Oh you~"

I felt my eyelids growing, heavy. Can Taehyung always sing me a lullaby?

Taehyung hummed the tune of the song while rubbing my back.

I slowly started to drift to sleep.

Taehyung buried himself into me.

"Do you think you could sleepover Lisa's tomorrow?"

Confused by his request, I poke my head up. "Why would I sleep over her house tomorow?"

He chuckles softly. "You won't be. It's just what your parents will think."

He stares down at my lips.

"Because I'm going to hide you so you can stay the night here."