Finding out his name

February 23, 20XXSunday

February 23, 20XX
Sunday

I can't believe they dragged me all the way to his part of town.

I nearly fainted getting on the other side of the platform.

I had to take his train in order to get to the Cafe.

I almost died thinking that I would bump into him there.

Lisa and Rose link arms with me as we walk closer to the cafe. Jisoo ended up not being able to make it.

"If I were you, I would've shouted from across the platform 'you're hot! I'm in love with you!"

Rose smacks her. "Shut up, Lisa, no you wouldn't have."

Lisa giggles.

I see the cafe in sight and I feel myself get more and more nauseated.

"Which one is he?" Lisa goes to the window and cups around her eyes as she looks into it.

"Lisa!" Rose shouts and pulls her away.

"Did he see you?!" I hiss. "Is he here?"

"Well I wouldn't know now would I?" Lisa said in a nasally whisper.

Rose smacks her upside the head.

I look over and look inside.

They weren't kidding when they said that this cafe was popular.

The tables look nearly full and the line reached the door.

I let my eyes scan the whole entire place until finally, I see him at the front.

"He's there. Look's like he's just in charge of the drinks." I turn and rest on the wall.

"Good because you're thirsty as fuh," Lisa grabs my arm and they pull me in.

I chicken out at the door and try to get out but we end up brawling.

"Can I help you?" I hear a voice and I die on the spot. Is it him?

I turn around and see somebody else working there, a much shorter guy. I read his name tag.

Yoongi.

"No, we just wanted to get drinks!" I squeak out.

He points with his pen over at where the love of my life is and my heart accelerates.

"Express is that way."

We nod and walk over.

"9 feet...8 feet...7 feet." Lisa is robotically saying how short the distance is and I elbow her to shut up because I'm sure he could hear.

We wait in line and I try not to look at him as we get closer and closer. I try to read his name tag but he moves so much it keeps hitting the light and I can't read the Hangul.

Finally, it's our turn. I read his name.

Jungkook.

He doesn't look like a Jungkook.

"Hel-lo." He cracks his knuckles and stretches a little before putting his hand on the cash register.

His voice.

My heart flips like a fish out of water.

It's perfect.

It suits this cafe. Dark and rich with a hint of sweetness.

"What can I get for you guys?" He asks and smiles as he looks at every one of us.

He locks eyes with me and I feel myself glow as red as a tomato.

I realize that Lisa is just smiling widely like a fool at me.

They want me to order first.

I try to ignore their pinches and squeezes and scan the menu. "Number 11, green latte."

He smiles and immediately looks at the others for answers.

Ah, disappointment. He didn't even look long enough at me.

"I'll take a milk latte, Mr. Jungkook. If thats your real name." Lisa jokes.

Rose and I look at her.

He looks down at his uniform. "Oh, um actually its not." He covers his mouth and laughs.

"I'm kind of new? So this is actually my friends uniform."

"Ah, so whats you-"

"I can finish this up, we want you to practice on the machines." Someone with a hearty smile shows up from the back and takes over the cashier.

We all watch as he nods and makes his way to the backroom.

And just like that,

Our conversation was over.

He was gone.

And I didn't even learn his name.