Asleep or Awake?

MAY 23, 20XXSATURDAY

MAY 23, 20XX
SATURDAY

Jungkook told me his side of the story, about the fight that happened months ago.

Everyone had pretty much done something wrong.

Taehyung didn't really love Yeri.

Yeri didn't really love Taehyung.

Jungkook and Yeri also dated behind Taehyung's back and were going to keep it a secret.

It was a mess.

I mess that I had no idea if I could fix.

Today marks the start of summer vacation. It wasn't really something to celebrate considering that it was now going to be harder for me to run into Taehyung (without Jungkook's help).

I was grateful for Jungkook's help, but I also had the responsibility of helping him. So we tried our luck by coming over to Hoseok's house again where we were welcomed with takeout and soda. 

Sadly, Taehyung and I didn't really interact much. We sat on opposite sides of the table, his eye-contact stolen by Yeri.

Funny how Jungkook and I were talking more with each other than Yeri and Jungkook did. 

"She's your girlfriend, why don't you tell her all this?" I hiss at Jungkook, tired of hearing his rant about how snapchat was sending his pictures to the wrong person.

"This is serious," he scoffs. "What if someone else gets my nudes?" 

Tapping my nails on the table, I side-eye him. "Then, I would feel so sorry for them."

Yoongi almost spits out his soda as he erupts with laughter. 

Jungkook leans closer and makes a mocking face as he repeats what I said.

I stick my tongue out at him.

"I ship... Shoot, I wasn't supposed to say that out loud." Hoseok's words earn the attention of everyone.

Well, everyone's except Taehyung's.

He just cleared his throat and looked down at his plate of food. 

I bite my lip and sigh. That was the wrong thing to say.

Despising the silence he created, Hoseok voice grows more strained, "Shouldn't have said that."

Trying my best, I try to grab Taehyung's attention. It was useless because Yeri cocks her head and stares at me.

Annoyed, I head into the kitchen to pour myself a cup of soda and text Lisa.

SOS can't really even LOOK Taehyung's way without Yeri ready to throw her plastic knife at me.

LISA: LOL you really can't just talk to him?

⇦ Do you have the money to pay her back?

LISA: NO. I don't even think I will have that much by retirement.

LISA: At least you can monitor him.

At least there's that.

To my surprise, the kitchen door suddenly opens and in comes Taehyung. I straighten up and am ready to apologize, but he just walks on by past me.

He has a tiny smile on his face, but he doesn't dare look towards my direction.

Discouraged, I shut my mouth and just follow his walk over to the couch where he slowly lays into.

It takes everything to not just walk over and lay down with him.

He shifts around to get comfortable and just stares at the ceiling.

It doesn't take long until he turns around, wraps his arm around a pillow, and falls asleep.

He must be super tired.

How has he been all this time?

Has he been eating?

Has he started chemo?

The kitchen door swinging open snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Just because you're helping Jungkook doesn't mean you get a free pass at Taehyung."

Yeri clenches her jaw so tight I thought she was going to break her teeth.

I widen my eyes in annoyance and take a sip of my drink.

Yeri steps closer to me, arms crossed. "Once Jungkook finishes his project, you need to stay away from Taehyung."

The rage of my anger starts producing tears in my eyes.

Ugh, now she's going to think I'm crying because of her.

Nodding my head, I look over at Taehyung still sleeping on the couch.

"Okay," I simply respond, "I won't go back on our deal."

She turns around without another word and marches right outside.

Leaning against the wall, I stare into my drink lost in thought.

Too bad I can't drown Yeri with this drink.