Morning after

MAY 13, 20XXWEDNESDAY

MAY 13, 20XX
WEDNESDAY

"Morning, Jennie."

My eyes flutter open and it takes my vision a while to adjust. When it does, I get to see Taehyung's half-sleepy face gazing back at me.

How lucky am I?

I couldn't help but smile, immediately thinking about that special four letter word--- love.

What Taehyung and I have between us is love.

Taehyung loves me.

And I love Taehyung.

I mumble back morning's sweet greeting, still a little lost in my rosy thoughts.

He tucks my hair behind my ear before saying, "About last night..."

Unable to maintain eye contact, I blush and look down to the blankets.

"I wanted it to happen...so bad," Taehyung says as he buries his smile into his pillow.

"But we're lucky we didn't because I almost gave you a baby."

I bite my lip because I almost let him.

That's the problem with us young adults. We get our hormones all riled up and start thinking with our genitals than our minds.

He rolls onto his back to stare at the ceiling, suddenly getting into deep thought.

I take my opportunity to rest into the nook of his shoulder.

After a brief moment of silence, Taehyung blurts out, "I've decided to get the surgery and start chemo."

Shocked, I sit up and look down at his face. "But what about your gut-feeling?"

Taehyung brings up his hand to my cheek and I nuzzle into it.

"It's not worth losing any more time with you. I decided I want to know everything about my status."

He smiles sadly.

"So I can cherish my last days with you."