Chapter 14

You know those swirls you see when you rub your eyes to hard? That's what Lance woke up to. The omega felt himself falling, then stumbling into a chest, all while only seeing the black yet multi colored swirls.

He blinked repeatedly, disoriented and heavy. He could tell someone was trying to talk to him but he became increasingly distracted by his senses coming back to him.

First, the touch of two strong chests, one on his front and another behind him. Second the dry taste in his mouth. But the third sense that came back was smell, and that was the part that really overwhelmed him.

Peppermint, Sandalwood, lavender and charcoal assaulted his senses. He let out a startled whine. He nuzzled father into the chest in-front of him.

The fourth sense was his hearing. He heard a quite cooing, followed by muffled praises. He hummed lightly forgetting about everything else and focused on the positive words being whispered to him.

The fifth sense that came back to lance was his sight, still blurry but the lights were brightening, and colors where coming back to him just as he heard hard foot falls.

"Get away from him!"

The omega felt himself be grabbed by smaller hands, being tugged away from the delightful smells. He was engulfed by the smell of a pup in distress as two growls filled the room.

Lance let out a frightened yelp, shaking his head to clear the fog in order to see what was happening.

He stood behind Hunk and Pidge, facing towards the two angry alphas known as the black and red paladins. Shiro held Keith's arms in an attempt to keep him tame, while Pidge glared.

Everything began to come back to him. Claiming Pidge, exposing himself as an omega while breaking Keith's command. The blood....

He started to hyperventilate. He looked down at himself, noticing how thick his thighs were. Lance felt his waist and how small it had become, but what was even worse was the realization that he fully presented and the whole ship now knew what he was.

They were going to hate him, Keith was trying to attack him and that's why he's so angry.

Lance began to sob, "oh god, oh god. P- please don't hurt me, oh god I'm so sorry, . I, I can get better!"

He crumpled to the floor, stopping everyone who was fighting to look at the broken omega.

Hunk squatted down, "No, no , no they aren't mad at you. They don't care that you're an omega, they just did some bad stuff and can't be trusted with you that's all, they're mad that they can't be near you ok?"

Lance paused, confused. No one cared he was an omega? Forget them not being trusted with Lance, that could be dealt with later.

"W-what?"

Pidge huffed, "they're assholes Lance, we can't trust them with you becau—"

"—No! I don't care about that. It doesn't bother them that I'm an Omega? But, but I'm disgusting! W-what? I'm so confused!" Lance placed his head in his hands trying to wrap his head around everything that's been happening in the past five minutes.

His father told him he was a disgrace. His siblings ignored him. His mother acted as if she lost a child. But now everyone seemed to not mind.

It didn't make sense to him.

"Hey, it's ok. No one sees you any different." Pidge was in front of him now.

The omega stared down at his thighs. They were thick and soft. His pants stretched to accommodate them. They rippled with his sobs, starting to panic again.

"What happened to me?" Lance looked up at the guilty betas.

Pidge sighed,"The pod had to heal you Lance. You were gonna die unless we fixed you."

Rage filled him, "I was fixed! I was a beta! I was getting better! Now I'm fat, needy—"

Lance was interrupted by two warning growls. Shiro and Keith watched on as Lance spoke bad about himself.

"Nothing is wrong with your omegan nature. You were going to die unless Pidge and Hunk made the call. You are not defined by your second gender, you are defined on how you present yourself and your strength. You are strong. You are smart. And you are beautiful as the man you are." Shiro's stern yet gushing voice filled the medical wing.

Silent tears ran down Lance's face. He shook his head, standing and running from the room.

The betas did not follow. They knew to give him some time.

Hunk turned to the couple, letting out a huff, "Even though I'm mad at the two of you, thank you. He needed to hear that."

Hunk shuffled out of the room. Pidge glared at the pair before following.

Keith sighed. He knew he should have apologized. He was just too captivated. Holding the omega had put him in a trance, made him feel bubbly yet protective. He wanted to feel that way all the time.

He wanted to hold Lance all the time.

Shiro felt the same. He was upset the omega was pulled from them. When Lance has nuzzled into his chest, letting out confused sounds, he felt complete, he felt whole for the first time since finding Keith.

The alphas made eye contact. Smiling lightly at each other before embracing; They had found their final mate.