prologue

PROLOGUE
the world works in weird ways

//

Serenity takes a seat in front of the television, kicking off her shoes as she holds a fleecy pillow in her lap.

Tae's impact, she thinks to herself when she realises she's snuggling the pillow.

She leans back, in the solace of her home. the knowledge of the news not meaning anything to her as she attempts to unwind her body after weeks.

She closes her tired eyes, pulls her hair into a loose ponytail before appreciating the silence in the house, it's one that has become normal after many years, one that she still isn't used to.

There's nothing to disturb her, at least that's what she thought.

"Mom!"

Serenity's eyes snap open as the temperance of relaxation and peace hits her. A tranquil life where she gets to sit on the couch all day, is one that doesn't exist anymore and she feels irritated.

"What?"

Serenity's daughter, Ceyla appears in the living room with a face that immediately shows that she's been crying. The dread, agitation and glumness is evident as she stands in front of her.

The eighteen year olds obscure, blonde and dyed hair is swept back into a untidy bun, curt strands letting loose. Her eyes resemble the brown of her father, the prominent jawline, thin lips, elevated cheekbones and pointed ears with piercings matching Serenity. Ceyla stands tall, her arms on either side of her as she waits for her mother to react to her state.

"Ceyla!" Serenity immediately stands up, rushing to her child before placing her palms on each side of her. "What's happened love? Come sit down with me."

So they do and Ceyla sits next to her mother, their shoulders bumping into each other. The warmth and closeness of the relationship is persistent and they know it. Serenity feels allayed that her daughter trusts her in times like this.

"Mom, I've lost something important."

Serenity's eyes widen and she speaks before thinking. "Your virginity?"

"Mom! What the hell-"

"Sorry sorry." Serenity tries not to laugh and Sorry her body towards Ceyla. "What did you lose? Go on, it's okay."

"I wrote these letters and I can't find them anywhere!" Ceyla speaks, hindrance clear in her voice as she groans. "My whole room is a mess now, I have no idea where they've gone and that thought is scary... they just mean a lot to me. I can't lose them, what the hell am i going to do?"

Serenity freezes. "Letters?"

"Mhm, seven letters, love letters. Yeah I know it sounds dumb-"

"Oh my fuck."

"Mom! Language."

"My bad." Serenity turns away from her daughter, staring at a spot on the floor- lost in a contemplative daze. Love letters. Seven love letters. How familiar.

"I can't believe this." Serenity whispers and she clenches her hands.

She doesn't know how to react and it's as if it happened on purpose. Her own life is being mirrored in her daughter's.

"Mom?"

"Huh?"

"You okay?"

"I'm fine. I-I... this is weird." Serenity admits and she ignores Ceyla's perplexity. Her mother wipes her daughters dried tears and stands up. "I'll go ask your dad, find out if he knows or not okay?"

"Mom? You sure you're okay?" Ceyla asks, concern etched on her face.

"So you wrote seven letters to seven men that you've loved? Let me get this straight... seven love letters that have gone missing and you loved-"

"You said that already." Ceyla sighs and nods shortly after. "Yes that's it basically. Loved or whatever."

Okay leaves Serenity's lips as she starts to walk up the stairs to find her tender husband. He's in his study, the door wide open, revealing a man that she can't believe is actually hers.

He sits on a chair, his body leaning forward as he types away, the sound of the keyboard being the only loud thing in the room. Serenity wants to tell him to lean back because his back will hurt. A huff leaves his precious lips as his chest moves up and down, his breathing slow and steady as he concentrates on his task. The blazer behind his chair is creased and the ashen button up shirt on his body is untucked, his trousers replaced by sweatpants. He's a man that likes to be prosperous. Serenity forgets what she came for because she's too busy admiring her husband in all his glory, with his barely visible freckles, the necklace sitting on his collarbone and the way his ebony hair is curled...

Anyway, Serenity thinks and walks into the room with a smile.

Jungkook turns to acknowledge her and the smile on his face matches her. He opens his arms, ready for her to sit down on his lap and kiss her but Serenity leans against the open door instead. "Kook, there's no time to make out... Ceyla is downstairs crying." She tells him, crossing her arms over her chest as she stares at him. There's so many stars in his eyes, i'm whipped.

"What? Why is she crying? What's wrong?"

"She...  God, you're going to laugh when you hear this." Serenity can't help but laugh nervously as she looks down. "She wrote seven love letters to seven men and now she's lost them."

Jungkook leans back in his chair, turning his body to face his wife. The laughter that fills the air makes Serenity feel pleased and warm, it's contagious. "Hm, where have i heard that before?" He places his ring covered fingers on his chin as he stares at the wall dramatically.

Serenity rolls her eyes. "I knew it." She mumbles under her breath. "Jungkook it's so weird! It's giving me shivers, the same thing that happened to me is happening to our freaking daughter!"

Jungkook shrugs with a smile playing on his lips. "Everything happens for a reason." And he turns back to his work.

Serenity returns back to her daughter who's typing away at her phone. "Right Ceyla, tell me about these letters."

It's just the beginning.