[1.12] T h e G a y

C h a p t e r  T w e l v e
A p r i l • P o v

"I'm gay." I look at him, my eyes widening as I breathe out heavily.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" I look at Nathan, surprised whilst he looks slightly embarrassed.

"I'm gay, I've liked men for a long time and I've always tried to fight it. But now I realise I deserve to be happy and I've even found the one for me. If you don't want to be friends with me, that's absolutely fine."

I smile, relieved, "Honestly you made my job so much more easier, I was going to tell you that I like someone else. And of course I would want to be friends with you, I've always wanted a gay best friend."

He winks, "And a gay best friend I shall be."

2 h o u r s l a t e r

"So let me get this straight, you've liked Hayden for a long time then some shit happened that made you compromise everything then  you made up after what seemed like years and now you two are like a couple?" I blush slightly, nodding as Nate smirks at me.

"I don't know about the couple bit, I mean we do everything together but we haven't really put a label on it yet."

"Everything even li-"

I slap his arm playfully, "Don't you dare finish that sentence Nathaniel or I will cut off your dick and feed it to the pigs."

It's true, me and Hayden do everything together but we haven't that conversation on whether we want to become a couple and make things official.

"You need to tell your boy that you want him to be officially yours and you to be officially his. Snatch him up before some bitchy girl claws him up with their fake ass nails and whisks him away." I raise my eyebrow, looking at my gay best friend with an amusing expression on my face.

"You're so weird, you know that?"

"Oh you love me really." Nathan pinches my cheek, before going back to sipping his coffee.

His phone vibrates on the table and he answers it, without looking at the caller ID.

"Yeah, oh hey babe." He looks at me, mouthing the words, boyfriend.

Excited at the thought of Nathan talking to his boyfriend, I plead with him to let me talk to his boyfriend but the gay man won't budge.

"Bye babe. April, what the hell?" He hisses in pain from where I kicked his shin.

"You didn't let me talk to your boyfriend, I need to know my bestfriend is in the right hands."

He winces, "I am, don't worry about me. You'll meet him soon and I'm sorry I didn't let you speak to him."

Sapphire enters the cafe, smiling when she notices Nathan an I. The paid already were acquainted with each other long before me and Nathan met as Nathan knows Justin, Sapphire's brother.

"Fine but you better buy me a chocolate muffin if you want me to forgive you."

He grins, a dimple showing, "Deal."

"