Part 21

Betty pov

When we park a block away from the Speak Easy and we all hop off our bikes. Fangs pulls out the blue prints, he points to certain spots.

{F} Okay So, earlier me and the other Serpents snuck in and planted some pipe bombs. They should go off in about 3 minutes.

We all nod and begin to load up our guns. When I load mine I walk over to the side of a metal fence. I watch as the the lights of the Speak Easy shimmer and shine in different colors. I smiled to myself, thinking about the party that was going on currently. I thought about how they always hosted parties on Saturday's, and all the people that would come.
My daydream ends when I feel Jughead put his hand on my shoulder.

{J} You Okay?

I sigh.

{B} No, not at all...but I'll get over it.

{F} okay guys we have 30,..29...28...27..

I get a better grasp on the trigger. 

{J} Betty you don't have to do this if you don't want to.

{F} 17...16..15...14...

{B} It's okay Jughead, I'm fine.

{F} 5...4..3..2..1

Jughead was about to say something more but stopped when we saw the giant explosion. We all look as the building begins to go up in flames and we see the many people charging out.

{F} Lets go!

We run down the street and into the Speak Easy. I charge inside the burning building. The others go after the fleeing Ghoulies. I run into the back where most of the fire was. I hear faint coughs, I follow them until I see a person laying under a wooden beam. It was Malachi. He looks up and starts to cough.

{M} Betty, please...help me

He reaches his hand out. I just stand there, unsure of what to do. I didn't think about it much longer, I looked to make sure no one was around. awe fuck man, why do I have to be such a good person... I walked over and grabbed his hand, I yanked on his arm. I pulled him out from under the beam, we fell backwards onto the floor. He smiles.

{M} Thank you Betty, Glad to know there's still a Ghoulie under that horrible Serpent jacket.

{B} No, It's just too hard to watch someone I've known for so long, die

I hear some more crumbling and parts of the building begin to fall from the ceiling. Malachi smirks, we were still on the floor, him on top of me. He gives me this stupid look before he kisses me. I push him off me and scramble to my feet.

{B} What the fuck is your problem?!?! I have a boyfriend!

I begin to cough. He rolls his eyes, I backwards away slowly, trying to be mindful of falling objects. He stands up and walks towards me.

{M} Come on Betts, were both about to die in here anyways. And I mean you did used to have a massive crush on me.

{B} Key word 'used',  I'm with Jughead now.
He grabs my arm,

{M} Your still spreading your legs for that Serpent huh? Figures.

I push him off of me again, making him fall back on the floor. I turn around and pick up a pipe and lift it up to swing.

{B} I should've left your ass under that beam!
Before I get a chance to swing he reaches into his back and pulls out a gun. He points it at me.

{M} And I should've killed you the moment you walked from the Ghoulies

And the moment he pulls the trigger, someone jumps on top of me. I push the person off of me, it was Jughead. He was holding his his lower stomach, I become frantic. I scramble for his hands, I take them and apply pressure to his bullet wound. I stand up and realize that Malachi is still pointing his gun at me. He laughs.

{M} Oh you two just made this just too easy.

I remember that I still had my loaded gun, I reach into the back of my waist band and pull out my pistol. I didn't even think, I just did. I unloaded my whole clip, until I was certain that he was dead. And when it was empty, I turned around and ran back to Jughead's body. He was still alive, but between the smoke and his wound. I could tell he was struggling to stay alive. I grab him and attempt to pick him up, But I wasn't strong enough. I start to drag him while I call for help hoping that one of the other Serpents would hear. The building continues to crumble, I continue coughing and screaming. Eventually I hear "Shes in here!!!" I couldn't see who it was, but all I could say was..

{B} Take..*cough* take,.. Jughead. Please. *Cough*

I feel Jughead get wisped out of my arms, shortly before everything goes dark. The building collapsed.