Part 13

BETTY POV

Veronica, Toni, and I walked in the speak-easy laughing and joking. As I walk in I expect everything to be loud chaotic like normal. But as soon as I walked in, it went dead silent.

{B} Whats going on guys..?

I see Malachi stroll across the stage.

{M} Well if it isn't Betty Cooper, the traitor!

I gasp. But luckily no one heard it.

{B} What the fuck are you talking about Malachi

{M} Betty, don't try to cover it up now. Lucy
overheard your conversation with Toni and Veronica at Pop's.

I scowl.

{B} I didn't betray anyone. I didn't know he was a Serpent , and when I found out I ran.

{M} I'm not talking about that Elizabeth! I'm talking about how you confessed to being in love with him.

I roll my eyes.

{B} So what now?

{M} ALL IN FAVOR OF DISOWNING THIS FAILURE OF A LEADER!

I look around, everyone raised their hands except Veronica and Toni.

{M} The choice has been made. Get the fuck out. You're not our leader anymore!

I gasp, shit. Toni, Ronnie, and me all turn to leave but I am stopped once by another comment.

{M} Oh and now that we know who the Serpent King is, we can kill him.

I turn around quickly.

{B} Malachi, if you so much as enter Serpent territory I will kill you myself, slowly.

He laughed.

{M} And you had the nerve to call yourself a Ghoulie. ahaha Get the fuck out you Serpent Slut.

I walk out of the speak easy. And hop in the car.

[A week later]

The past week as been rough, I've been trying to avoid Jughead as much as possible. Toni and Veronica quit the Serpents and I've getting harassed by the Ghoulies all week. I leave class and start walking towards my locker. I'm stopped in a smaller hallway by 3 Ghoulies. All girls, They start punch and kicking me. When they stop they walked away laughing, and I heard one of them talking about Jughead. I sat there on the floor with a busted lip, bruised arms, and I'm sure I had a black eye. I got up and walk towards my locker. I look around there was a group of people crowded around my locker. I push my way through until I see what everyone was laughing and looking at. "SERPENT SLUT" was written in big red letters on my locker and I'm pretty sure it was blood. I looked around frantically I see Toni, Veronica...and Jughead in the crowd of people. I run off into the nearest classroom. It was a vacant room so it was dark and quiet. Toni and Veronica run in, they hug me.

{T} Are you okay?

{V} Yeah, Betts. Are you okay?
I nod.

{B} I'm fine guys. Really.

I lied, I wasn't fine. I look over the door Jughead walked him.

{B} fuck

I whispered.

{T} Get out you fucking snake!

{J} I just want to talk to Betty.

I sigh.

{B} Its okay guys.. give us a minute??

Toni and Veronica hesitantly nod.