Part 16

JUGHEAD POV:

I get up and wake Betty up. She was scared to go home last night so I let her stay at my place. She stretches and folds the cover I let her use. I lean against the kitchen doorway and smiles at her.

{J} How'd you sleep?

{B} Great, your couch is really comfortable.

I laugh,

{J} I would've given you the bed, but you wanted to sleep on the couch.

She rolls her eyes and throws the folded cover over the couch.

{B} It's no big deal, I'd rather have a creek in my neck than get kidnapped and killed by the Ghoulies.

She chuckles and walks over to me. I'm standing shirtless with only a pair of joggers on.

{J} Yeah, that would be bad...Not only for you but them too, I swear of they ever hurt you I would kill ever last one of them.

She hugs me, I stroke her hair. We stand there in silence just hugging for awhile until we hear a loud band on the door. She jumps and I peer out the peephole in the door. Its Sweet Pea and Fangs.

{J} Its Sweet Pea and Fangs.

I run back into my room and grab and shirt and my beanie. I throw them on really quickly and I see Betty throw her hair in a messy pony tail. I open the door, they both walk in. Sweet Pea takes a look at me and Betty. He smiles and chuckles.

{SP} Hey Betty, what are you doing over here so early.

{B} I slept over.

Sweet Pea looks at Fangs and then at me. They both start to laugh. Betty rolls her eyes.

{B} I know what you two dumb fucks are thinking. Just so you know, I slept on the couch.
She walks away into the kitchen and starts cooking something. I watch her walk away, I look back at Sweet Pea and Fangs.

{J} What's up. What do you guys want?

{F} Well we were gonna ask you to hang out. But we see your already busy, with miss Ghoulie queen over there.

I exhale and roll my eyes.

{J} She's not a Ghoulie anymore, we already talked about this. Whats your deal?

{F} My deal? How could you possibly trust her when she was the fucking leader of our rival gang. What if she's just playing you, y'now trying to earn our trust just so she can help them take us down.

{SP} Woah, cool it Fangs.

I was about to say something but then Betty walks in.

{B} Listen here Fangs. If I wanted to, I could've already taken out your whole fucking gang, The minute I found out Jughead was a Serpent. I'm sticking my neck out trying to help you guys get rid of the Ghoulies. Knowing that if this plan fails, I'll be the first one they come looking for. So don't try to come around here acting all big and bad, when so far, I'm risking everything. Just to help you guys out.

She shoves him hard then storms off into the bedroom. I shake my head.

{J} Maybe you guys should go... I'll come by the Wyrm later on.

Sweet Pea nods, Fangs just rolls his eyes, and they both leave.