Part 14

JUGHEAD POV

Betty dismisses Toni and Veronica.

{B} Well, What is it?

{J} Are you okay?

{B} Yeah, whatever...like you care.

{J} I actually do care... that why your still alive.

I lean against the teachers desk.

{J} So what happened? And why is your faced fucked up?

I sigh.

{B} I was at Pop's telling Veronica and Toni about you and a spy heard everything. When I got back to the Speak-easy they took a vote and I was kicked out for being a traitor.

{J} I don't get it, when you found out what I was. You ran?

{B} I told them, but that wasn't what they were mad about...

{J} What then?

She hesitates.

{B} Because the spy also overheard me talking about how I wasn't going to send people after you because....I'm in love with you.

I smirked.

{J} You're in love with me? Hmm... interesting.
She rolls her eyes. She stares at me, She pushed herself on me, kissing me hard. I kissed back. And when she breaks it I smile. I wanted to tell her that I was in love with her too, but I couldn't bring myself to it.

{B} Which reminds me. You have to leave.

{J} What?

{B} Malachi is planning on killing you, soon. SO you need to go.

{J} Oh please Betts, I'm not afraid of anything.
She nods

{B} Just be careful...

I nod.

{J} If anything, you should leave.

{B} Why?

{J} Betty... you're covered in bruises and dried blood. These Ghoulies are fucking you up. Plus the thing on you locker. Was that about me, too?
She exhales and nods.

{J} Or Maybe you need to stay away from me. I'm clearly gonna just cause trouble for you..

She laughs.

{B} Jughead, this was all on me. I brought this upon myself. I should've known Malachi would send spies after the day he came up to me at the bar. And just because I stay away from you doesn't mean they're not gonna still come after me.

{J} Betty..

She gets closer to me and looks up at me. She gives me a hug.

{B} Juggie, I promise I'll be fine. There's nothing I can't handle. Trust me.

I nod. She snickers.

{J} What?

{B} How romantic is that we both could've killed each other but didn't...doesn't that just scream #couplegoals?

She laughs and I laugh too. I look at her jacket.

{J} Where'd you get the jacket from?
She smiles.

{B} Toni...It was a birthday present. Why?

{J} No reason in particular, it just reminds me of well...me.

I point to my beanie.

{B} Well It used to symbolize my leadership, but now it looks like the universe is just begging for us to be together.

I smile.

{J} Oh Betty, you know the Serpents hate you right?

{B} Well duh, I mean I was like your arch nemesis... I don't expect them to love me, but...
She trails off.

{J} What?

{B} What if I can earn their trust? Like I can tell you everything you need to know about them.

I cross my arms, thinking really hard.

{J} You really wanna be a Serpent, huh?

I say sarcastically, smiling.

{B} I just...I want to belong to a family again. The Ghoulies were my everything, and they turned on me so quickly. And maybe even one day we could become something.

She looks at me with big hopeful eyes. I sigh. There's just something about her. Even though I'd only known her for 3 weeks, it felt like years. And for some reason I was willing to risk everything for her. I mean after all she risked everything for me. Love makes you do crazy things.