Part 6

Betty's POV:

<The next day at school>

I grab my backpack and swing it over my shoulder I run outside and hop in the front seat on Veronica's car. She had already picked up Toni. They both sequel.

{V} So how was your date

I lean back and smile.

{B} It was actually relieving...

{T} What do you mean? Did you tell him your Ghoulie Queen!?!

{B} What? no! I mean, even though I'm hiding behind this perfect girl facade. Me and him really connected...like we're just alike.

Veronica leans over the arm rest.

{V} Awe, love is in the air

We all giggle. We pull into the parking lot Veronica parks and we all get out. When I get out the car my attention is immediately turned towards Jughead who was leaning against a table talking to Sweet Pea and Fangs. I see Fangs point over to me and Jughead turns around, he looks at me and smiles.

Jugheads POV:

I get to school early as usual and meet up with the boys. We sit at the one of tables in the front of the building.

{SP} So you how did your date with the blonde beauty go?

I smile.

{J} It was very really relieving. Actually.
{SP} What do you mean? What did you do?

I chuckle.

{J} Nothing its just, even though I'm hiding my second life. I got a chance to really be real with her, we have so much in common. It just amazing how alike we are.

I smile. Thinking about how perfect she is.

{F} Look, here comes your girl now.

I turn around, Betty jumped out of Veronica's car. Her eyes fixed right on mine. She smiles, says something to the girls then walks over to me.

{B} Hey Juggie. Hey guys.

They nod to her. She began to blush.

{J} What's up Betts.

{B} Nothing much, just me and the girls were thinking about going to Pops for off-campus lunch today. You guys wanna join?

{J} Yeah I'm always down

I smile to her and we stare at each other for a minute. The bell interrupts us. I sigh.

{B} I'll be seeing you later Juggie, bye guys.
She winks at me and walks off her ponytail swaying back and forth.

Betty's POV:

{B} Jughead is totally down for off-campus lunch today!

I sit down in my new assigned seat next to Toni and Ronnie.

{V} How are we all going to fit in my car tho?

{B} Shit, I didn't think of that. Maybe we could just walk.

{T} And risk being late? Wouldn't that ruin your perfect girl persona?

{B} Yeah, ugh, I'm sure we'll figure something out when the time comes.

I shrug and turn back to my notebook to finish taking notes. When lunch finally comes I go to my locker and grab two $50 bills. I smile, shoving the money into my pocket and running to meet the group in the parking lot. I see the group outside conversing, I run over.

{J} Hey Betts

Jughead smiles at me.

{SP} Are we ready to go?

{V} Yeah but we got one problem.

{F} What?

{T} Were not all going to fit in Ronnie's car
Toni frowns.

{J} Well lets just walk Pops is only around the corner.

{F} What if we're late?

{J} Who cares, it's one day. And plus we get an hour for lunch

He smiles and starts walking, only stopping to wait for me. When we get to Pops we all sit in a booth. I sit right next to Jughead, we order our food. We all laugh and joke. And at some point in time Jughead swings his arm over my shoulder. Making me blush really hard. When we finish Sweet Pea and Fangs didn't have enough money to pay for their food. Toni, Veronica, and Jug were all stuck. They didn't have any extra money either. That's when I remembered, I yanked the $100 out of my pocket, shocking the others.

{F} Damn Coopers got bank! What are you a drug dealer?

He jokes. Me, Ronnie, and Toni quickly laugh and then we all nervously laugh.

{V} Psh, Betty and drug dealer? She couldn't even if she tried, she's afraid to take a cough drop.

They all laugh.

{B} Oh whatever, you never know how dangerous they could be

They all start laughing again.

{B} Nah, I just saved up money from working at the register over the summer. The new owners are really nice.

{J} Well I'm reall-

{V} Shit! We're gonna be 10minutes late for 7th period!

I throw enough money on the table to pay for everyone and we all dash out of the diner and start running towards school. When we get there we all get tardies, which none of us really cared about. When school was over me and the girls headed to Ronnie's house.