Chapter 7: The Box

Valery woke up abruptly. She tried to shake the idea of her father coming back to get her. He can't control my life. He can't hurt me. She finally calmed down when Ray shouted, "Dinners ready!"

          Today was the day of the party. Valery woke up and rolled off her bed. "Ow!" She mumbled into the floor. She got up and slowly walked to her bathroom and took a shower. When she got out, she put on shorts with a white tub top and decided to call Lucas to ask what type of party it was. "Hi Sunshine!" Lucas said. "Hey, so I was wondering, what type of party is this? Is it just a normal party?" Valery asked. "Actually, it isn't. Since the school near us is so small, they don't have any dances or proms. So, my friends that actually go there, decided to throw their own prom." Lucas explained. Valery started coughing. How the heck am I going to get a dress? "You didn't tell me that before! I don't even have a dress!" Valery screamed. Valery also was reminded that Lucas never actually said she could bring her friends to the party, so she found this to be the prefect time to tell him she invited her friends.
          "To make up for your mistake, I'm going to invite my friends from Swellview." Valery said. "Okay, that's fine with me, and I'm sure you will be able to find a dress." Lucas replied. Valery laughed, then kept a straight face. "Bye." Then she hung up mad. She huffed and decided to look through her closet. She looked through all of her clothes on the hangers and found a small box. Her eyes started to burn remembering where this box came from.

          "When you grow up, your going to be able to wear this." Valery's mom said, grabbing a light pink dress of the hanger in the store. It was off the shoulder at the top and was short. It was tight at the waist, but then was loose below her hips. 
"It's so pretty!" Valery exclaimed, it wasn't that long ago. "I'm buying it, you can wear it when your in highschool going to a party or a dance. I'll take so many pictures of you because you'll look so gorgeous." Valery's mom said smiling. Valery smiled back and then they embraced.

          Valery snapped out of her memory and realized she was crying. She sat on the floor and cried a little longer. After a few minutes, she tried to focus on the good things in her life. Henry. Lucas. Charlotte. Ray. Henry. Jasper. Aunt Olivia. Aunt Ella. Uncle Logan. Henry. Why can't I stop repeating Henry? Valery thought to herself. She texted Henry and Charlotte about the theme and they quickly replied.

Charlotte: No problem. I have a dress that I was gonna wear to the school dance but I ended up not going.

Henry: Same

Valery: You have a dress?

Henry: Noooooooo! I meant I have an outfit that I was gonna wear for the dance but I ended up not going, because the dance was going when the whole incident happened.

Right the incident, the one where my father killed Charolette and attempted the take everything I have. Totally normal.
Valery laughed to herself.

Valery: Wanna come over Char so we can get ready together?

Henry: Nah I'm good.

Charlotte: Hey! That was meant for me, and I would love to. Be there in 20.

Valery: Okay

Valery then went to her bathroom and turned on her curling iron. She then ran downstairs and quickly ate a bowl of cereal. Aunt Olivia was at work so she wasn't home. Then the doorbell went off and Valery ran to the door. She swung it open to find Henry.
Valery sighed.
          "Henry, it was meant for Charlotte!" Valery exclaimed. "I want to know what color your dress is." Henry replied. "Why?" Valery asked, crossing her arms. "Well..." Henry said but then trailed off. Valery focused on his thoughts and saw memories and heard his thoughts.

Henry was laying on his bed when his phone was buzzing with hundreds of texts. He picked his phone up and saw, "Bianca." He read one of the texts. "I miss you. You aren't dating anyone and I'm not either so let's get back together." Then he read another one. "Please!" Then he read another one. "Come on Henry!" He scoffed.

         Valery understood. "Let's make Bianca think you moved on!" Valery screamed, throwing her hands up. "Just what I was thinking!" Henry screamed, throwing his hands up too. They did a double high five. "First things first she is going to be a the party." Henry said. Valery's mouth hung open. How did she get invited? "So we need to match." Henry said. "Baby pink, have fun wearing a full on baby pink outfit!" Valery exclaimed, closing the door. Valery started laughing and Henry knocked on the door. She opened it back up again and Henry lunged towards to Valery. Valery dodged him still laughing and he fell straight on his face. Then Charlotte appeared in the doorframe. "What the heck happened here?" Charlotte asked. This made Valery and Henry laugh harder. Valery helped up Henry and he walked out the door. "I'll pick you up at 7!" Henry yelled. "What about me?" Charlotte asked. "Yeah you too." Henry replied, then he went into his car and drove off.