Chapter 10: Face Off

Valery was lying on the couch, while Henry was getting Valery water. She couldn't help but think about Lucas. How he kept on saying, 'He made me do it.' Who is he? Henry walked over and handed her the cup of water and some medicine for the head ache she had. "Thanks." Valery said, drinking the water. She took the pill and continued to drink the water. He? So I at least know it's a man. Who could want to meddle with my life? Valery thought to herself, then she finally found the answer. She spit the water out and it sprayed everywhere. "Oh my god." Valery said to herself, standing up. "Oh my god." Valery said louder. Valery was having a hard time breathing. "What?" Henry asked urgently. "My dad." Valery said, breathing slower now. She was shaking.
          I'm coming. He's coming. Valery thought, she remembered hearing a man say, 'I'm coming.' Her throat was dry and she could barely think straight. "What about him?" Henry asked. "Don't you get it? He told Lucas to make his friend spike my drink. My dad wanted Lucas to bring me to him." Valery said, with the words flowing from her mouth. Henry's jaw dropped."I'm gonna-" Henry said, clenching his fists until they went white and clenching his jaw, he wanted to continue but Valery cut him off. "We don't know for sure, Hen, just don't do something you'll regret later." Valery said, while putting her hand on his chest. "I wouldn't regret it." Henry snapped. "Henry, yes you would. Now, please calm down."
          Henry jaw tightened. "No. I'm not gonna calm down after everything they have put you through. If I could just drive up to find Lucas and give him a piece of my mind." Henry snapped again. "Promise me you won't do any of that." Valery said, pointing at his chest. There was a long silence. Valery could tell Henry was having a mental battle on whether or not he should just leave and go give Lucas a 'piece of his mind.' "Promise me." Valery said louder. "I promise." Henry said, looking at Valery. Valery smiled ear to ear and tried not to think about what she wanted to do when he left.
          Henry and Valery sat on the couch, watching some random movie. "Want some popcorn?" Valery asked, standing up and walking to the microwave. "Yeah." Henry replied. Valery fixed the popcorn and walked back to the couch. But, she didn't see Henry. Suddenly, Henry popped up behind her and scared her. "Ahhhhhhh!" Valery screamed, dropping the popcorn. Henry used his super speed and caught the popcorn. When Valery dropped it, she saw all the pieces fly everywhere. Then Henry just magically put them into the bowl without any of them hitting the floor. Henry smirked at Valery when he finished. "Show off." Valery mumbled. Henry went home after they finished the movie. Valery knew what she needed to do.
         Valery jumped into the car. The silence was unbearable for Valery. She kept on shaking her hands anxiously. Then, she finally started the car. She made sure she had her wallet and phone. She buckled her seatbelt and tried to prepare what was about to come.
          After driving what felt like an eternity, Valery made it to her destination. Valery jumped out of her car, and walked through the door. It gave Valery a weird sensation. Valery kept walking and made it to the front desk. "Hi, I'm here to see Christopher Manchester." Valery greeted. "I'm sorry, but only family is allowed to visit." The lady said, glancing at her computer. "I am family." Valery whispered. "Well, sign this and I'll give you, your pass." The lady said, handing her a slip. Valery nodded and did what she was told to do. After she got her pass, she walked down the hall. Her heart was beating. She stepped into a room and sat down. She stared at her feet and picked up the phone.
"Hi." Valery choked up. She looked up and saw the monster. "What a pleasant surprise." He smirked. Valery read his mind quickly, not wanting him to catch on. "I know you can read my mind, Val." He said. Valery scoffed. "Of course you did. Also, don't call me Val, you lost that privilege a long time ago when you killed my friend." Valery snapped. Her dad threw his hands up. "I made you who you are. Also, Charlotte is fine." Her dad replied. "Yeah because I saved her." Valery said. "I'm your dad." He stated."You never will be my dad, ever again. How do you think I am? Huh? I can't have a normal life. I can't have a normal family." Valery said, tears threatening to escape. "You want a normal family? You can fix it. You can save your mom." He said. Valery let her tears escape. "She's dead." Valery snapped. "Oh, sweetie I know. But, you saved Charlotte. Why not save your mom?" Her dad asked. Valery's ears rung. She couldn't believe it. "And if you don't. I'll take away the only family you have left. So, you're forced to save all of them." Her dad harshly said.
"I hate you." Valery said, standing up and letting the phone hang. "Meet me tomorrow Valery. At our special place. Where we would spend our days during summer as a family." Valery's dad thought and walked out of the room.