I Know I'm Not The Only One // Bruce Wayne

Summary: You find out that your husband, Bruce, has been cheating on you and you confront him. 

A/N: Tbh, I really love writing about Bruce. I will open my requests soon and hopefully I'll get more Batman requests cause I love this guy okay

***

You knew it was going to happen but you still hoped that everything will be alright and that all the negative thoughts are just in your head. But, unfortunately, you were right all along. You trusted your husband, or at least you thought you do. The thought that he might do you wrong always came into your mind and even though you brushed it away it always came back for a reason you didn't understood until now.

Bruce Wayne, the love of your life, the man of your dreams, your husband you've been giving everything to, betrayed you in a way you always hoped he won't but you thought it might happen.

It was painful. You almost blame yourself for not trusting him and maybe it was something that you did that pushed him to act like that, to treat you the way he did. But it wasn't. All you did was to give him your whole life and dedication. Maybe that was your mistake.

Everything you did since you started this family with Bruce was for this family. Of course you put everyone's needs above yours because you wanted a happy family. You wanted your children to be loved and you wanted your husband to know that you will always be there for him. When he comes from patrol, when his company needed him but he was away with a mission.

You took control and pushed yourself beyond limits for the good of your children and your husband. The pressure that was on you every step you took didn't matter, because you knew that it would be better this way. Instead of the pressure to be on your husband's shoulders you decided that you can take it for him.

Shot after shot you took every single bullet for your husband. He was your muse, you would've gave him your life if he asked for it. That much you loved him. But, there is an old saying, in a relationship one loves the other more. In a relationship one gives everything while the other doesn't.

That was also your relationship.

You gave up every dream you had so you can work on your family's dreams. On your dearest husband's dreams. Wealth, parties, money, celebrities wasn't something you grew up with and high end society can be very handful. Sometimes all you wanted was to go eat a burger down the street like you used to do when things weren't like this.

But you were there at every gala, at every board meeting of the Wayne Enterprises, everywhere your husband was needed but he couldn't be.

Batman.

Deeply you disliked this persona of your husband. Somehow you felt like the reason your husband is gone so much, the reason he isn't always there when you need him it was Batman. He wasn't with you or with the kids because he was always there putting himself in danger for the greater good. Of course, you admired him greatly for that but it made you feel...empty.

Your children were always in danger, your husband was always in danger, Alfred was always in danger, even you. Every member of your family was in constant danger because of Gotham's safety.

But you accepted it. If loving Bruce meant loving Batman and his life you did that. You understood because that's what you always do. You are always there, you always understand, you always did everything your family asked.

No more. You could've take everything, but this...never. He promised he would cherish you and only you for the rest of his life. For God's sake, you even had the discussion. If he ever wanted someone else, if he would ever fall in love with someone else he needs to tell you. Going behind your back...you will leave him for that. And you did. You can take everything but betrayal.