Yours // Dick Grayson

Summary: You meet Dick at a prom (in a different period of time).

Inspired from Hamilton the musical.

***

You sighed looking how happy your sister was about the prom. She looked so gorgeous in her dress and her natural beauty was just astonishing. The shining star of the family, the woman all the men wanted to have a dance with. 

Of course you were happy for her, but you just felt bad for yourself. Everyone complimented your older sister for her beauty, no one was worried about her not getting married. That wasn't your case. Your mother insisted for you to go to this prom, even though you didn't wanted to stay in a corner as usual as your sister is invited by every man to dance. 

''Maybe you will find someone.'' She sighed looking at you with pity.

Your dress was gorgeous, but even in a potato sack your sister looked ten times better. You were the shy one who loved reading, animals, never the type to try and grab the spotlight. Your sister was the flirty one, the beautiful one everyone adored. There was also a younger sister, but she was a savage, a wild child who spend her time in the woods, to young to go to prom.

You took a deep breath as your mother helped you take your dress on. The road to the castle was short, too short. Your sister clapped her hands excited and you just started at the huge castle.

Inside were so many people, you knew some but only a few. Your eyes were analyzing everyone and they stopped on a tall man with raven hair and bright blue eyes. 

You were so helpless.

''Have you seen a cute one?'' Your sister asked and you blushed. ''Oh, come on, tell me.'' She laughed and you showed her the beautiful man. 

She left your side making her way across the room to him and you thought, ''What is she going to do?'' They started to chat and you sighed. Of course she flirts with him, of course he wants her. Why would he look at you?

Suddenly he looked at you and you felt so helpless. God, those eyes. 

''I'm about to change your life.'' Your sister told him.

''Then by all means, lead the way.'' He answered.

She came smiling your way with the man following her. 

''My dearest sister, [Y/N] [L/N].'' Your sister said.

''My pleasure, Dick Grayson.'' He took your hand and kissed it slowly.

''As well.''

You two talked the entire night and for the first time you didn't regret coming to a prom.

A week later you received a letter from him. He wrote only sweet things. How much he misses your face, your voice, everything about you. How much he wishes to see you again. Your sister was laughing at how red your face was while reading his letter.

It's been weeks since you and Dick met for the first time and the letters didn't stopped coming. He wrote you sweet little poems and you could feel his love through his letters.

''Love letters straight from your heart

Keep us so near while we're apart

I'm not alone in the night

When I can have all the love you write.''

He wrote you once.

His last letter to you:

''My dearest [Y/N],

I really had to write this letter because I can't stop thinking about you even if I try my harder not to.

My mind is always at you. Oh, dear, you have no idea how much I can miss you. Every second I spend without you by my side is pure torture.

I want to put my arms around you. I want to kiss you forever. I want you to be mine.

So I decided to ask your father for your hand. Of course, I am waiting for your response so I can know if you wish to marry me, to be mine and I to be yours.

Yours always,

Dick G.''

You read the letter a few times to make sure you were reading right. He wanted to marry you. You quickly wrote him back, but you waited a day before send it, you didn't wanted to be desperate. 

He kept his word and after a day you send your letter, he came at your house asking to speak with your father. As you were waiting for your father to come, your sister left you alone for a minute. 

''I missed you so much.'' He hugged you and didn't hesitate to kiss you.

''I missed you too. More than you can imagine.'' You whispered in his ear after the kiss.

Your father came home soon and he approved your marriage with Dick. After a few weeks you had the most beautiful weeding and as you looked into your husband's beautiful blue eyes, you couldn't believe he was only yours.