All I Want // Jason Todd

(Do Me A Favor Part 2)

***

All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'Cause if I could see your face once more
I could die as a happy man I'm sure

It's been almost five months since heard her voice last time. I hoped that maybe one day she will came back, trying her best to forgive me, but she didn't. Why would she? I was the asshole who broke her heart. Every night I spent in Gotham I walked by her apartment, staying on the rooftop of the building next to hers, watching her window, hoping that she will open it, so I can see her face again. Just one time.

I want to think that I did the right thing, but if it's the right thing why does it hurt so bad? All I want is to go to her, tell her why I broke up with her, explain her everything. But I'm so scared she will reject me.Maybe it's to late. I lost her.

It's 3 a.m and she is reading a book while drinking something that I bet it's hot chocolate. She isn't a big fan of tea or coffee. When she can't sleep she always does that. What keeps you awake, [Y/N]? What doesn't let you sleep? Who? Is it me? God, how much I wish that was me.

She stopped reading, I could see something was bothering her. [Y/N] picked up her phone, staring at it. She began writing something, something really long and as she began crying, it hit me. What if it's for me?

I searched my pockets for my phone. I am a dick, I broke up with her and I can't even text her, I have to wait for her to text me. I don't deserve her. She deserves better. She threw her phone on the bed, wiping the tears away from her face. Babe, I'm so sorry. I promise I'll fix it.

*[Y/N] point of view*

When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side

But If you loved me
Why did you leave me?

I stopped reading the book I was holding in my hands for the past half and hour, I wasn't able to concentrate on the subject. It's been 30 minutes and I was still on page 3. Jason was in my mind, whispering things in my head, making me miss him even more. I picked up my phone, searched for his name in my contacts.

My fingers began typing and I wasn't thinking, I was only writing everything I wanted to tell him. It was 3 a.m, maybe he was sleeping, maybe he was with another girl, I shouldn't do that, but I keep writing.

''I miss you. I love you. You said you loved me, but why did you leave me? I need you, Jason. Please, come back to me! Every day I walk by your apartment and I wonder, are you there? Are you alone? You replace me already? Do you miss me as much as I do? I have so many questions and you're the only one who can give me the answers, but I don't think I am ready to ask. I'm afraid of what you will respond me. I'm afraid you will break my heart again. Will you, Jason?''

My thumb was above the send button, but I couldn't press it. I threw my phone on the bed and my hand involuntarily wiped the tears from my face. I wasn't even aware that I was crying.

I promised myself that I will come back to him. That I will give him time and then I will go to his place, trying to make him understand that I am here. That he can trust me. But the time passed and my anxiety gave me thousands of reasons why I shouldn't.

I can't hate him, even if I should. It's been almost five months but why do I feel like it's been just yesterday when Jason decided to break my heart, leaving me helpless? I wasn't like that before, I never loved anyone before. I used to be the one breaking hearts, but now it's my turn to suffer.

Jason was the best and the worse thing that ever happened to me. He was so broken, I could see that, but he taught me how to appreciate myself, how to be myself without being scared of who am I, how to love. But was it worth it? Sometimes I wish that I never met Jason, but I don't mean it. He broke me but I love him, and even though my time with him was short, it was more than enough for me. Having a little piece of heaven with Jason was enough.

I washed my face with cold water, avoiding watching into the mirror. As I opened the door to get out of the bathroom, I heard someone knocking at my door. My first instinct was to grab my baseball bat Roy gave me a while ago for my birthday. I was watching through the peephole in the door, trying to figure it out who was knocking at my door at 3 a.m.

''[Y/N], it's me.''

''[Y/N]...'' Jason whispered and it seemed unreal. For a moment you thought this wasn't real, that you were reaming or something, but no, he was standing right there in front of you. ''I know it's late and I'm a loser and I messed up everything, but I want to explain everything. Please, just give two minutes.''

He looked broke, more broke that he was when you found him the first time. You could hear your conscience telling you to close the door and leave the past behind you, but your heart made you nod, letting him inside. He was all wet and his nose was red.

You brought him a towel and some clothes he left here, the same t-shirt you hold in your arms every night since that day. You pointed to the bathroom door and he immediately got the message. When he came out, the tea was ready, waiting for him.

He was staring at you, you were staring at him, but none of you was able to form a sentence. After a few minutes, you broke the silence. ''Why?'' Was the only thing you were able to say.

Jason sighed. ''It's a long story.'' He started to tell you his entire life. About his parents, how Batman found him, how he became the Boy Wonder, how he tried his best to be as good as the first Robin was, how the Joker beat him with a crowbar, how he died, how he was resurrected, how he became the Red Hood and how he broke up with you because he couldn't lose you too.

''Jason, I appreciate that but I didn't needed your protection, I needed you.'' He took a deep breath as a tear ran on his cheek. ''I still need you. Everyday I walked by your apartment and I wanted so bad to see you, but I was so scared you will reject me.''

''I can't afford to lose you too. I'd rather break your heart and watch you walking on the street holding another man's hand than 6 feet under the ground.''

''Jason...''

''I love you, [Y/N]. And I know I was wrong. I was stupid but I want to fix this. I want to try, just give me a chance. I was trying to protect you, I didn't wanted you to be hurt, but I was blind and I didn't realized that I hurt you. Not Black Mask, not my past, not Red Hood, me.''

''I...''

''Can you forgive me, please?'' He almost whispered, as his voice broke. Jason wanted to take a step towards you, to grab your hands in his, to kiss you like he used to, but he was frozen, waiting for your response.

''Jason...'' You took a deep breath. Again, you ignored your conscience and you followed your heart. You took his face in your hands and pressed your lips against his, leaving Jason surprised. ''Next time you hurt me like that I'll kill you.''

''And I'll let you.'' He smiled, pressing another kiss on your lips. ''I love you.''

''I love you too, Jason.''

You brought out the best of me
A part of me I'd never seen
You took my soul wiped it clean
Our love was made for movie screens.