A Series Of Fortunate Events // Jason Todd

Summary: You are new in Gotham and Jason hits you with his car (yeah, I know).

***

New city, new people. Gotham was a new experience to you and even though everyone told you how to not take that internship because there are really big chances for you to get kidnapped, raped, tortured and of course, killed; you didn't wanted to waste one hell of an opportunity. You thought in destiny and if it's written to die, you can die anywhere, even in the most peaceful place on Earth, not necessarily in Gotham.

As a person, you were a little bit clumsy. A little bit more. All you wanted to do was to finish college and have a nice job that is pretty good paid. You never dreamed of being a millionaire or having a prince as a boyfriend, only because your insecurities never let you.

The entire plane ride you tried to take a nap, but it was impossible because a child was screaming his lungs out that he wants to meet his hero, Batman. When someone told him that it might never happen he cried the whole road.''I'm struggling with anxiety and depression, I should be the one screaming.'' You thought.

Your plane finally landed in Gotham, after a few hours of pure torture that made reconsider having any children. You couldn't be more tired, but still very excited. You were supposed to stay in Gotham's University campus and you had no clue where the hell is that. You had the map on your phone as every human being who owns a phone, but it was impossible to hold your phone in your hand. You were good at multitasking, but you had a suitcase in one hand, a backpack, some books you bought from the airport in the other hand.

With a huge smile on your face you couldn't be more excited for this new experience. People in Gotham seemed very sad in your opinion, and even the city itself gave you a negative vibe. But you knew that even this city must have a bright side, just like everything does.

As your mother taught you since you were little, you were sure to watch out for cars even though the lights show green. You tried to look on Google Maps on your phone while holding the books under your armpit, while crossing the street. Yeah, you're smart, but not that smart apparently.

Out of nowhere, a black SUV came out of nowhere and you didn't even had the time to process what was happening. You felt pain in your right arm and you tried your best to get up from the ground as the impact with the car wasn't really strong, but it was strong enough to let a bruise on you.

''Of my fucking God, are you fucking kidding me?'' You heard a masculine voice. ''I fucking hit a deer, Roy.'' Jason said as he got out of the car. ''Shit! It's not a deer, it's a fucking girl! Fuck! Are you okay?'' The owner of the car, you assumed, asked.

''I'm okay. I'm fine.'' You said trying to fix your hair.

''I didn't even saw her, okay?! She is small. I'll call you later, bye!'' He hung up on his friend, Roy, as you tried to pick up your books but the pain in your arm didn't allowed you to do that.

''I'm so sorry! I swear I didn't saw you.'' He picked up your books and handed them to you.

''My arm hurts pretty bad, I can't hold it.'' You explained.

''Shit, shit! Right! I'm sorry! Let's go to the hospital to check that arm. I hope it's not bad.''

''It's okay, I won't sue you.'' You said, thinking that it doesn't hurt that bad so it's probably just a bruise. Plus, he came to check on you, he didn't just ran away like some would do.

''Oh, well, then I think can leave. It was nice meeting you!'' He joked.

''Yet. I won't sue you yet.'' You winked at him and he gave you a smirk. Look at you! He just hit you with his car and you're flirting with him.