Insecure // Jason Todd

Summary: Your boyfriend finds out that you don't feel confident in your body.

***

When you got inside the apartment you shared with your boyfriend you just threw the keys on the kitchen table making your way to the bedroom. Jason knew that something was not okay with you, so he decided to investigate as he always does.

''Babe, is something wrong?'' He asked peaking into the bedroom, not daring to come in.

You didn't answered. Yes, it was something wrong, something wrong with you. You were conscious that you weren't the most beautiful woman on Earth and that you had flaws, maybe a lot of them, and that Jason was this tall, handsome guy with the most perfect hair and the perfect blue eyes.

You knew all those things.

All your life you grew up being the less attractive one. When you were in high school you changed like four groups of friends and you were always the one boys didn't looked at. You were the sidekick, the person who was watching her friends hanging out with boys on a daily bases while you didn't even went to prom because no one invited you.

It all started this morning. Once a week you always go to do the groceries, sometimes if he is not on a mission Jason comes with you, he likes to help you around as much as he can. Well, this day was today, and you were actually in a really good mood until you met an old friend from high school.

She looked good, she always did, you almost felt jealous because you didn't had her body or her face, but you decided to ignore that feeling. You grew up being very insecure because your family always told you how you were the ''ugly duck'', of course, they were joking, but it wasn't a thing to joke about. It came back in the 6th grade when one of your classmates told you how ugly you are with your silly hair and that ugly smile you had.

You smiled at her, said hello and like a normal human being you introduced her to Jason. You didn't wanted to, but you knew that if you wouldn't do that, he would probably be upset thinking that you don't want him to meet your friends. It wasn't that, you were scared she will take him away from you.

While Jason left searching for the things on the list you made last night, your friend looked at you in shook.

''Oh my God! I can't believe that's your boyfriend! I mean, look at him and look at you!''

That comment ruined your entire day. She probably didn't meant it, you knew she had the face and the body but not the brain, but it still hurt, knowing it was the truth.

You gave her a smile when all you wanted to do was cry. You felt so bad and ugly and awful. The rest of the time spent in the supermarket and on the way home you were quiet, only nodding when Jason asked you anything. You couldn't stop thinking about that.

All you wanted to was lay down and cry your pain out, but you couldn't. You kept that inside until you got home. You didn't wanted Jason to see you, you were scared that if he finds out about your insecurities he might broke up with you. You read once in a book that boys like girls who love themselves, the confident ones and you believed that.

''Babe..'' He wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a tight hug. ''What's wrong? Please, don't cry!'' He was gently moving his hand back on forward on your back, trying to calm you down. You didn't realized but you were crying, sobbing.

Jason was scared and didn't knew what to do, he couldn't stand watching you like that. It broke his heart.

He put his hands on your face, trying to make you look at him. But you felt embarrassed and you wanted him to stop looking at you, in that moment you believed you were the most ugly person in the universe.

''Babe, please, tell me what's wrong.'' He begged you, pressing a kiss on your lips. ''Is it because of that friend you met at the supermarket? Cause since then you've been really quiet.''

You just nodded, trying to stop yourself from sobbing.

''What happened? Just tell me her name I'll make her regret whate-''

''Why are you dating me?'' You asked all of the sudden.

''What do you mean?'' He looked at you confused.

''Why are you here with me? I'm not even half of what you deserve. I mean, look at me.'' He was even more confused as he was before, but after a few seconds of thinking he knew what you were talking about.

''[Y/N], I love you more than anything. I won't give up on you for nothing in this world, okay? Please, stop thinking about stupid things.'' He pressed another kiss on your lips, this time a little rough.

''I just...I know I'm not that beautiful and I don't have that great body, and I know you look like a God, I'm aware of that, but I don't understand why people like to make me feel stupid and bad about myself all the time.'' You wiped away the tears from your face, but your face was still wet.

''Babe, look at me! I love you and in my eyes you will always be the most beautiful, gorgeous and brave woman I ever met. You're not even half of me? [Y/N], you're the only reason I am here, you're the only reason I am happy. And I love every single hair from your head, every single mark you have on your body, every flaw you think you have, because these flaws make you who you are and I am totally in love with you.''

You couldn't help but smile. ''You sound like those guys from romantic movies.'' You laughed. ''Keep going, I like it.'' He laughed, pulling you in another tight hug you love.

''For real now, babe, stop giving a shit about what others think or say about you. I know how great, wonderful and beautiful you are and so should you.''

''I love you, Jay! Thank you! ''

''I love you too! Now, tell me the names of those people who ever told you you aren't beautiful, I have to pay them a visit.''

''Are you planing on killing them?'' You joked.

'Maybe.''

''You know that means you have to kill like my entire family except my parents and my grandma.''

''Fine, then I'll just hurt them a little.''

''Jason!'' You laughed punching him slowly in the arm and he placed a kiss on your forehead.