Cravings // Jason Todd

Summary: You are pregnant and you really want pickles, what you don't know is that your little escapade in the search for pickles will lead to you finally meeting Jason's family.  

***

It was 3 in the morning, Jason wasn't home and your cravings were at its higher level. You heard a lot about them, the doctor told you about them, your friends told you about them, your mother as well, but you didn't thought it would be like that.

You woke up at 2 am only because your baby wanted pickles. You searched the entire house but of course, you didn't had any. The first thing that went through your mind was to call Jason, but he was on patrol doing his Red Hood stuff, and you didn't wanted to disturbed him. Who knows, maybe he will get shot or something because your call would distract him.

''I'll just go buy pickles myself.'' You said to yourself. There was a market opened non stop only 5 minutes away from your apartment. Just go there, but pickles, get back home in 15 minutes and Jason will never know.

''Easy peasy.'' You thought. ''Jason is so going to kill me if he finds out.''

Yes, it was indeed late, and it was Gotham, not a nice city to go buy pickles at 3 in the morning. But you couldn't sleep, you weren't able to do anything but think about how much you want those weird cucumbers.

You decided that your pajamas looked decent enough, no need to change those. After all, who is going to see you? After all, who cares about a pregnant woman in pajamas walking in the street so late? It seemed pretty cold outside so you took one of Jason's hoodies. It was like ten times bigger than you, but who cares? It has your boyfriend's smell.

You hesitated for a moment to open the door, thinking how many things could happen, not only to you, but the baby, you have to think about the baby. You stood there for a moment thinking about the baby who was just five months old, but then the picture of a sweet chubby baby with Jason's gorgeous blue eyes was replaced by, you guessed, pickles.

''I'm just going to buy them really quick, Jason won't find out.''

What you didn't knew was that at the same time Jason was with his brothers and a man who was his only father figure in life, his adoptive father, the people who were his family but Jason decided to not let them in his life, were sitting on a rooftop right above your head.

They didn't knew about you or your baby, Jason thought about telling them, but he kept telling himself that they don't care. After Damian was resurrected, your boyfriend didn't wanted to see his family anymore, he somehow felt betrayed, unloved, and you totally understood that. He knew that they probably should know, but the time passed and it became weird.

As usually, they were arguing. Batman, Nightwing, Red Robin and Robin were after a huge human trafficking organization, the same organization Red Hood was after for a few weeks now. The mission went bad for both parts.

''Jason, we are your family.'' Tim said, looking at his brother. Jason didn't knew, but he is Tim's favorite brother. He never saw Jason as an failure, but as a role model.

''Really? I don't feel like it.''

Dick's laugh attracted everyone's attention, and the arguing stopped. ''There is a lady walking in pajamas at 3 am in Gotham.'' It wasn't that funny, but he couldn't help himself. He always thought about walking outside as usual but instead of his Nightwing costume to wear his Nightwing pajamas.

When Jason took a closer look, he was pretty shocked and nervous. ''That's my fucking girlfriend.'' He didn't meant to be loud, but he was beyond angry. How could you go out at this hour?

''You have a girlfriend?'' Dick almost whispered, confused.

His brothers and his father looked at him pretty confused as he took his phone from his pocket. He dialed your number while staring at you. ''Hey, babe!'' He said and you could hear his sarcastic tone. ''Hey...Is everything okay?'' You asked, pretending that you are home, not outside trying to satisfy your cravings.

''May I know what the fuck are you doing outside, [Y/N]? It's fucking 3 am and it's not fucking safe and you fucking know it!'' You had to move your phone a few centimetres away from your ear, because of his loud screams.

''Busted.'' You whispered, hoping he won't hear you. ''Look, babe, I have a very solid explanation.''

''It better be as solid as the Himalaya.'' You heard his voice behind you. When did he get here?

He grabbed your hand and almost dragged you to the dark alley you just passed by. To your surprise, he was not alone, but with other four figures you never met before.

''What the fuck, [Y/N]?!'' He yelled. ''Stop swearing the baby will hear you.'' You whispered. ''Hello!'' You waved at the four men who were just looking at you and Jason.They waved back, except for Batman who just nodded, and you smiled, trying to ignore Jason's ''I so want to kill you but I can't because you are pregnant with my fucking baby'' face.

''So I woke up, you know, and I had this weird feeling and I couldn't stop thinking about pickles. I tried to do anything else to stop thinking about it but it was impossible. The baby wants pickles and I can't say no.'' You tried to explain and Jason's family gave each others some looks. You could swear you heard Dick asking ''Baby?''

''You could've just call me.''

''I know, you know, but then I thought that maybe I will distract you and you will get shot and I didn't wanted my baby to grow up without a father.'' You stroke your baby bump, trying to be dramatic, but it didn't work.

''You're pregnant?'' Dick asked confused. ''Don't be silly! I was just hungry and I ate a balloon.'' You said sarcastic, laughing, and he looked at you confused. ''Yes, I'm pregnant.''

''Let's just go home, it's not safe for you two outside.'' Jason grabbed your hand but you refused. ''I really need pickles, Jason. Batman is standing right there and all I can see is a pickle with Batman's ears or whatever are those.''

Dick and Tim laughed and Damian smiled. ''You know what, Jason, just take her home and we will go grab some pickles for your girl.'' Your boyfriend didn't wanted that, but it was better than you walking in your pajamas in the streets alone.

''Really? Thank you so much! You could grab some ice cream too? And some olives.'' He nodded and you smiled. ''Would you like some hot chocolate?'' You asked them, and you could swear Jason gave them a look under his helmet ''If you say no to my girlfriend and make her feel bad I'll kill you in the most slow and painful way.''

''We would really enjoy that. Thank you!'' Bruce said and you nodded. ''Batman just talked to me.'' You whispered.

Dick and Tim went to buy you what you were craving for, while you, your boyfriend, Batman and Robin went to your place.

''You know you could've told us, Jason. I know we had our differences, but we are still your family. And you are going to have a baby, that is a very big thing.'' Bruce said, putting his hand on Jason's shoulder while Damian helped you with the hot chocolate.

''I know, I guess. It was just...I never found the right time and...It was just difficult. I barely talked to any of you.''

''I understand, but Alfred will be really upset when he finds out, you know that right?'' Jason laughed and nodded. ''When he will meet [Y/N] he will forget. She is just..the best.''