Chapter# 32

Jackson's Pov:

We kept strolling down the street admiring the roads that were always busy but are now covered with a beautiful layer of snow.trees around us looked like they were wearing a white shawl.everything was wet and foggy.we spent our time mostly talking about  our college life untill it was time for melissah's evening shift.we returned to her apartment and after wearing her uniform I dropped her off at her cafe and went back to my home.

As soon as I entered the house my phone rang displaying "dad" on the screen.

"Hello dad"

"Jackson .. I left my work file on my bedside table .. if u r not busy can u plz drop it off to my office?"

"Sure dad .. lemme get it"

"Thank you my son .. I realy need it"

"M coming dad .. i'll be there in a moment" I disconnected the call and went to my parent's bedroom and saw a file on the bedsie table.I picked it up and told my mom about dropping it off to dad.I went to my car and drove to the forensic headquarters.

I was stuck in the traffic when the file name caught my eyes. "BLACK MAMBA CASE NO:xxx" .. such a weird name .. I huffed a little "only dad can deal with such weird shits" I thought to myself.only thinking about gangsters,crime,blood etc makes me want to puke.I reached there abit late thankx to traffic.

I knocked on the office door and entered without wating for approval.

"Hello dad .. here's your file" I extended my hand to put the file on his table when a picture slipped from file pages and fell on the ground.I hurriedly bent down to grab the picture but I froze in my place.

"Melissah?" I frowned seeing that similare face in the picture at the most unexpected place.I quickly grabbed the picture and looked at my dad with questioning eyes.

"Dad? .. h-how .. what is Melissa's picture doing here?" I asked with a low voice.

"Oh .. she's my client .. how do you know her?" Mr.Wang asked a bit surprised.

"She's my classmate and .. we r .. close friends .. but .. how come she's your client?" I asked praying in my heart that nothing is serious but deep down my inner self was aware that my father never takes minor cases.

"Well .. its a long story ..and I think I shouldn't envade her privacy .. if she's your friend .. ask her yourself" Dad replied taking the file from my hand.

I thought for a while.I replayed her every single word that she told me yesterday night and thats when it struck me hard."I am so dumb" I thought to myself.

"D-dad .. umm .. actually .. I already know about her parent's death and her kidnapping" my tongue felt heavy.

"Oh .. thats a bit surprising .. as much as I know her she would never open up to just anyone" dad said without any expression.

"Yeah .. I .. we are close" I lowered my eyes.I know my dad is pretty cool and he never scolds me for anything and I didn't do anything wrong but something in his eyes made me feel like I did.

"Sit down jackson" dad pushed the chair towards me lightly and I sat in it.

"So.. u r aware that she's a victim of .."

"Yeah I know" I spoke up .. not letting him complete his sentence.I knew what he's gonna say and I dont want to hear that.

"Okay" dad nodded his head looking for something in his table drawer.

"Dad .. who were they? Why did they?" My voice was trembling a little thinking about what melissah told me.

"Everyone have their own reasons my son" dad grabbed a file from his lower drawer and begun reading it "this is the information that I have found recently about Mr.Shawn (melissah's father) .. I was surprized knowing that in his early twenties he's been involved in many crime scenes around the area .. his name is kinda prominent in drug dealing cases .. its obvious that he worked for underworld mafia"

I looked a bit astounded.never in my scariest dreams I had ever thought that her dad would be a gangster.

"But .. if he was a gangster .. who would dare to kill him like this?"I asked out of curiosity.

"He wasn't a leader .. he worked under a man .. and u would be surprized knowing that this man whom he worked for is the same man who killed him".dad closed the file and placed it under the table.

I was lost of words.I didn't know what to say and what not to.I sat their quietly storming my brain with more unexpected realities hidden behind innocent faces.

"But jackson .. whatever we talked about .. shouldn't go out of these walls .. I dont want melissah to know that her father was unvolved in such activities.she has already seen so much evil and I dont want to make her hate her father" dad eyed me and I nodded.

------------------------------------------------------------