Chapter #22

Jackson's POV:

I poked her shoulder to gain her attention.

"Melissah .. I have a good news"

She turned her head to my side.

"What is it?"

"My mom invited you for dinner .. whenever you are free"

"Really? Thats fast .. I will surely join you guys" she smiled.

"So .. are you free tonight?"

"Tonight? No" she made a sad face " I have to go somewhere"

"Oh .. you mean cafe?"

"No no .. somewhere else "

"Okay .. how about tomorrow? R u free ?"

"Yeah .. " she smiled.

"Great .. then it is done .. tomorrow you are coming to my place" I said excitingly and she smiled.

"My mom would be really happy to meet you" I said excitingly.

"Ahan?"melissah doubted.

"Yeah .. actually she always wished for a daughter but didn't have one .. that's why" i said.

"I am looking forward to meet her too"melissah smiled and begun to read her book once again.

*Time skip *

Author's POV

Melissa went to Mr.Wang after university.

she entered the office after knocking at the door.

"Come in come in" Mr.wang answered without looking at the door.

"Hello" melissah said.

"Oh melissah .. you came .. I was waiting for you .. come have a seat" he said while gesturing her to sit on the seat next to him.melissah sat on the opposite seat next to table and Mr.wang begun to look at his papers in his hands again.he pulled out some pictures and showed it to melissah.

"Here .. can you recognize these men? .. both of them are similare to the sketch you helped our team to prepare" he handed the pics to melissah and gave her time to focus on the pictures.

Melissah stared at the one on the left side.

"He" she put her finger on the picture placed on her left  " he is the one who tortured me whole time .. he used to cover his face but .. but when I slapped him his cover fell off .. I can recognize him even if I die" she said while staring at the picture with eyes full of hatred.

"Ohkay .. just like I suspected .. his name is Stanie Kimes.I was going through his criminal record and it was full of major crimes like human trafficking,drug smuggling,money laundering etc"

"yet nobody caught him ?"melissah asked.

"its obvious that he must have bribed them" Mr.wang said.

Melissah stayed silent.

"But melissah .. one thing that caught my attention .. there was nothing about black mamba project in his records.my team members are still searching for it"

"I hope they find something against him sooner"

"And yeah .. the places you told us about where they kept you .. those places are their private territory for crime.black mamba isn't the only project that was held there.those places are now u.ders police investigation"

"Then .. did you find any evidence?"

"I cant say it yet but forensic department is trying their best to bring out some strong evidences.anything they came up with I will let you know.. so many people are victim of that human trafficking mafia.we are trying our best to collect strong evidences."Mr.wang searched for some papers on his table.

"Here .. look at them" he handed her some papers about victims "we talked to the people who were their victim once to become the eye witness in court against him .. but they refused to help .. they are afraid of him and no one is opening their mouth .. now we are only waiting for forensic test results.

"Can I speak to the victims?" Melissah said.

"It isn't safe for you .. you are the only eye witness for black mamba and it will be a great failure if enything happened to you."

"I can understand but .. may be I could convince them to speak against him?"

"And how would you do it?would you beg for it? And what if they are still in contact with the mafia? And what if they tell them about you?"

"Why would they be in contact with him?why would they help him?"melissah wondered.

"Melissah you dont understand.it can be that they were selling themselves willingly out of poverty but they were caught by police at the wrong time?what if they were selling drugs because they have no other jobs?.there are so many possibilities and we cant take risk" Mr.wang explained to melissah.

Melissah stayed quite looking at the ground.

"Look melissah I can understand how much it means to you but we cant rush things like that.my team is already trying their best to convince them so dont worry.we wont leave you disappointed" Mr.wang assured her.

"Melissah nodded "I trust you" Mr.wang smied feeling relaxed as he made her understand her each and everything.

"And yeah .. one more thing.your safety is our first priority so one of police member would stay beside you for your safety"

"No Mr.wang thank you but you really dont have to do that.I am okay on my on" melissah tried to refuse this offer.

"We are only following the court orders.and I am expecting you to  cooperate with us" Mr.wang cleared his throat.

"Neh" she nodded.

"Take care of yourself" Mr.wang smiled.melissah thanked him and went to her job.

------------------------------------------------------------------