Chapter #28

😅 I didn't got enough time to proofread .. sorry guys :) bear with it 😅😅

Author's POV:

All of them gathered in the mall on the time and begun to roam around goofing and chilling like a bunch of noisy birds in the silent place.melissah felt embarrassed time to time as everyone around them were eyeing them as they were so noisy and loud but it would be a lie if she said that she didn't enjoyed being crazy.they went to shops,tried different outfits.jackson eyed a plain white dress in a shop and wanted to see melissah in this one.he noticed melissah's dress size and her taste in dresses and kept on roaming around with them.

Jackson: guys I think we should eat something.

Jenny: yeah m so hungry.

They went to a nearby restaurant and sat there.

Yoon wo: so girls what would you like to eat?

Jenny: pizza?

Melissah: I am okay with anything.

Jackson: melissah why do you sound like we dragged you here forcefully? Aren't you enjoying?

Melissah: no no I seriously am enjoying my time.I will take chow mein.

Jackson: okay I'll order it for you.

Jackson and yoon wo ordered the food while the begun to talk about university again.their laughter were echoing in the air but restaurant owner was king as well and he was smiling remembering his youth time looking at them.they ate food and paid for it.

Jenny: okay guys .. it was fun today.now lets go home.

Yoon wo: I will drop you off

Jackson: I will drop melissah.

Melissah: thank you but I can go by myself.

Jackson made an annoyed face and grabbed her jand while dragging her towards his car.

Jackson: bye bye guys

He waved at yoon wo and jenny  and opened the passenger door for melissah.both of them sat on their seats and jackson drove off.during the car ride melissah remained quite as usual while jacksons mind was fighting with his inner thoughts.he wanted to confess his feelings to her but he was afraid of rejection.he was afraid he would lose his friend.but its been so long since he begun to like her and now he wanted to be a bit closer,closer then friends,closer then any other person.he didn't know how his mind was forcing him to just confess while his heart was beating with excitement.he knew that he said to himself that he would wait for her but this wait was killing him deep inside.he wanted to make her his.he wanted to stand like a wall in front of her.he wanted her to know what he feels about her.after fighting his battle of thoughts he finally stopped his car at the corner of the road and melissah looked at him confused by his sudden movement.

Melissah: why did you stopped?

Jackson opened his car door and went outside gesturing melissah to follow him as well.as soon as she got out he grabbed her hand and they both walked to a nearby park and sat on the bench.jackson help her hand firmly not letting it go

Melissah: jackson whats wrong? Why did you stopped here? Shouldn't we go home?

Jackson: melissah can we plz sit here for a while?I really need fresh air.

Melissah: okay ..

Both remained silent sitting in the park holding hands.melissah tried to free her hand but jackson's grip was strong and firm.melissah's mind was blank while jackson's mind was filled with thoughts what to do? How to start? What yo say and what not to?he finally geered up his confidence and his grip on her hand tightened.

Jackson: um .. m melissah I .. want to tell you something.

Melissah looked at him trying her best to observe each and every single expression on his beautifully carved face

Melissah: hmm?

Jackson: melissah .. u .. u know th .. that I am being quite obvious .. about .. my feelings towards you.

Melissah: jackson I think we should go home.

Melissah stood up from the bench.

Jackson felt disappointed.he felt hurt.

Jackson: I thought you would hear me out atleast for once.

Jackson begged with his puppy eyes gesturing her to sit.she sat again not meeting his eyes looking away at the grass around them.

Jackson: okay so .. I wont beat about the bush .. melissah I ..  I-l like you .. more then a friend.

Melissah stayed silent looking down at the grass not looking above neither saying anything.jackson waited for her answer but she was taking too long.

Jackson: melissah say something.

Melissah: jackson I .. I dont know what to say.

Jackson: okay okay .. I understand.you need time to decide.I am okay with it.

Melissah: no.. I .. jackson .. I cant ..

Jackson: you dont need to rush.take your time and please .. I expect you to be honest with your feelings.

Melissah: .. .. .. jackson ..

Melissah turned her face towards him and he saw her eyes puffy with tears streaking her chubby cheeks.jackson wasn't sure if he did something wrong confessing his feelings.but deep down he was aware of melissah's feelings as well.after all he wasn't a kid,all the time the spent with each other,how she got comfortable with him and no other boy,everything was so obvious then he didn't knew what was stopping her,what was hurting her.

Jackson: melissah what's wrong? Why are you crying?

Melissah :  we .. w-we c-can't b-be togat-ther jac-ckson.

Jackson felt a sudden pain in his chest.he felt like someone crushed his heart with their bare hands.the pain was unbearable yet he tried his best to control himself.

Jackson: why?

Jackson's eyes pricked with his tears.his voice was shaking,his heart wasn't ready for a rejection,may be he was too overwhelmed by his feelings so he couldn't notice her?

Melissah: I -I can't tell you.

With that melissah looked away again.may be his tears were effecting her,may be she was feeling even worse rejecting him,hurting him.

Jackson: don't I .. have a right to know?

Fresh streaks with tears layered her face again while she inhaled a big amount of air in her lungs.

Melissah: j-jackson I .. I cant give you .. what you want.

Jackson left her hand shattering melissah's heart into pieces but to her surprise he held her face both in his hands making her look in his eyes.

Jackson: I dont want anything from you melissah I just want you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------