Chaptee #25

Jackson's POV:

Melissah's laughter was filled with giggles and joyful noises.I had never seen her like that ever before.her smile,her laughter,her giggles,the way she covers her mouth with her left hand,the way she throws her head backward while struggling to breath due to intense laughter .. everything was perfect about her .. I was falling for her every gesture,her smile,her giggle.she was perfect in my eyes.I dont know what my mother and she was talking and laughing about .. deep down i knew my mom was telling her about my silly habits while I was a kid .. but my center of focus was melissah .. I laughed when she laughed .. I smiled when she smiled .. I felt so connected .. like I was following her footsteps without any fear .. fear of being betrayed,fear of being left behind,fear of falling apart.i knew I choosed the right one.her image was always strong,competitive,hard to break,reserved in my mind.seeing her laughing like this with my mother brought joyful waves in my stomach.

"Uh omg my eyes are watery due to laughing so much" melissah said still controlling her best not to laugh.

"Mine too" my mother said while wiping her eyes.

"Trust me I never laughed so much in my whole life"

"Then you should come here more often" my mom offered.

"Sure" melissah smiled.

"Your stomach walls must be hurting from laughing so much .. now its time to refill that stomach" I said while moving towards the dining table.

Mom went to kitchen to set the table and melissah followed her offering her to help.I helped arranging the table and we all sat down and begun to eat.

Mom filled her plate as much as she could no matter how much she said she isn't hungry.I laughed a little due to their bonding.it was like they already know each other from a long time when it was their first encounter.

"Aunty this is too much .. I cant eat this much" melissah tried her best.

"Look at you .. you are so weak .. you should eat more to become strong .. dont be like this you have to finish your plate or else jackson would eat your leftovers" she smirked at me.

I choked on my pasta."why me?" I screamed internally .I seriously wasn't expecting her to say such thing.I coughed hard and she gave me a glass of water while melissah stayed quite and begun to eat.

"Omg aunty this is so tasty" melissahs eyes popped up with surprise.

"I told you my mom's cooking is no joke" I bragged.

"Aish you kids .. its nothing" my mom replied shyly.

"No seriously .. I haven't ever eaten anything this tasty .. I once ate breakfast that jackson made and I thought that was the most tasty thing I hv ever tried until today " melissah continued to compliment my mom about her cooking.

"Oh really jackson? Why dont you make me breakfast someday?" My mother smirked again "God I am so embarrassed right now" I thought.

"Yeah sure mom" I tried to cover."whatever you say"

"Aunty you both should start a resturant.I bet m gonna be your regular costumer" melissah laughed.

"You can come here daily.I would be more then glad to have you here my dear.you can eat whatever you want feel free to order" mom caressed her head while looking at her with shine in her eyes.

"My stomach is full yet I dont wanna stop eating its too delicious" melissah pouted and whinned like a small kid.

Like seriously? Are we really talking about The Melissah? My classfellow? The one used to be as quite as a dead body? What happened to her?.she turned out to be so lovely and bubbly.well .. I aint complaining though.I enjoyed every inch of her lively side.I always wished to see her like this.so happy,so smiley,so chirpy,in other words .. so alive ..

"Omg its 10:30 already.I think I should be heading back right now" melissah got up from the table.

"I didn't noticed how time went by so fast.I must say I really enjoyed your company.you should come here more often.I would love to have you here" my mom said while approaching melissah.

"It was so pleasant meeting you .. I will surely join you someday again" melissah smiled and my mom pulled her in her arms.they bid their goodbyes to each other.

"Drive carefully jackson" my mom said.

"Yeah" I grabbed my car keys and went outside with melissah.

Ride to her apartment wasn't awkward at all.

"Your mother is such a nice lady.I loved meeting her" she smiled while saying.

"She liked you too .. I can tell by the way both of you bonded in such a short time"

"Yeah .. I myself am a bit shocked how easily I got comfortable with her.she's such a warm hearted and loving lady" her eyes were shinning with glee.

"You know jackson?" The shine in her eyes suddenly died "my mother was just like her .. warm,kind hearted,loving,understanding" her lips trembled a little.

I sensed the sorrow in her voice but little did I felt glad that she finally begun to share her thoughts.

I grabbed her hand and interwined her our fingers while placed it on my lap."she must be .. I can tell how sweet she would be by looking at her daughter" melissah pressed her fingers over the back side of my hand holding my hand as tight as possible.I can easily feel that she was trying her level best not to let her tears slip from her eyes.

"Melissah .. I-I .. i know I cant bring your mother back .. no matter how much I want to ..b-but I can promise you that me and my mom would try our best to fill up that emptiness in your heart .. and I mean it" I said trying my best to let her know that I am here .. we are here .. with her .. and we would stay ..

She looked at me with her puppy eyes and I swear to God I just wanted to hug and keep her in my pocket forever to protect her from this cruel world.

"T-t t-hank y-you jackson" she smiled sadly.

"Dont be thankful .. I am only saying what you deserve to be told"

She stayed quite but didnt pulled back her hand from mine neither did her grip loosend during whole journey.I wish the road was blocked or her apartment was in another city so we could spend more time togather but to my bad luck .. we reached quite fast no matter how slow I drived.I opened her door.

"Thank you for this wonderful dinner" she smiled and bowed a little.

"Ahh again? .. I told you not to thank me" I whinned dramatically.

"Mianhe mianhe" she laughed.

"Umm .. Goodnight"

"Goodnight .. take care" waved at her and waited for her to enter her apartment so I could leave after that.

__________________________________________________

Thank you for reading :)