Chapter #07

Melissah's POV:

I was lying in a dark room filled with silence and darkness.I tried to open my eyes but my lids felt heavy.I moved my body but I couldn't feel me my legs.they were numb.I continue to open my eyes and eventually succeeded but still I couldn't see anything as there was only darkness.

A door opened and light flashed in my eyes and I felt like I am blind but slowly I begun to adjust my vision in light.a man entered the room wearing a black jacket and brown pant.

I know him.since 1 month I know this face.he's been torturing me for one month.how can I forget his face.

"Well well well .. someone finally woke up after a long nap" the man spoke sarcastically.

I didn't replied him as I didnt have energy to do so.

He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me off the chair on the floor.I refrained myself from crying because I knew it would only pleasure him.I bit my bottom lip to shushh my cries.

"Ahh dont .. dont do this to your beautiful lips .. dont be so hard on yourself dear" he said showing me his caring side but I knew what he is trying to do.

He grabbed a stick and hit a stroke on my thigh that was already bruised badly.I flinched in pain.my tears welled up in my eyes but I didn't let them fall off.I tried my best to control my cries because I wont let him pleasure his ego.

"Oh so the baby girl is strong" .. "impressive" he chuckled. "

He started to hit me again with all his strength and the room was filled with the voice of wood slapping against my flesh.

"Cry .. cry my name .. ask for my mercy you little piece of shit" he hissed while beating me.

He continued to beat my numb body.but I didnt felt anything and I passed out.

(Dream ends)

I jolted up from my sleep.I felt my body drenched in sweat and shivering badly.

"Again those nightmares" I mumled to myself and tried to calm down.after a while I looked at my watch and it was 7pm in the evening.I pushed the thought of nightmare away and remembered that phone call.I wasn't ready to recall those things again but I had to do that.

I lied in my bed and remembered that I had a test next morning.I begun to study for my test.after preparing my text I opened my fancafe and it was flooded with notifications as always.but like always I never bothered about it.I begun to think about a quote in my head ..

          _"she was like the moon .. a part
              Of her was always hidden"_
                                                 _"$inïster"

I uploaded this quote and logged my fancafe off.I moved to the living room and made my dinner.I turned in the TV as I wouldn't be able to sleep as I spent the whole day sleeping.I tried my best to divert my mind but the thought of meeting the detective never left my mind.

Next Morning:

I reached university and my friends were already there. Wait .. my friends ..? Since when I started to consider someone as friends..?.. I reached my table and sat on it.

"Hey melissah how was your weekened?" Jian yao reached my desk and sat beside me.

"It was okay.I slept almost whole day" I replied.

"Whole day? R u kidding me?"

"No.I am serious.may be because I got tired after party" I tried to act reasonable.

We were busy talking when teacher entered and our test started.after test other consecutive classes started and now it was lunch time.my brain was again occupied by the thought of meeting detective today.

Jackson's POV:

I noticed melissah today.she was kinda happy at the dinner but today she seemed a bit confused.something is wrong.during lunch she seemed absent minded.

"Melissah?"

"Humm?"

"R u okay?"

"Why?"

"U dont seem like okay"

"I am okay jackson,thank you for being concern about me"she smiled a little trying to assure me that she is okay but I am not a child to be fooled by her fake smile.

"Okay" I didn't wanted to disturb her so I kept quite after that but my eyes never left the sight of her blank face and dull eyes.I am sure there is something wrong with her but she won't share so easily as she is melissah shawn.

After lunch we got free lectures because teacher were absent.we planned to visit a nearby park but melissah denied saying that she had work to do.we know she works in a cafe shop but still she had a lot of time for her shift to start.but as usual we didnt forced her to go with us.as melissah wasn't going I didn't felt like going there as well so only jian yao and yoon wo went to the park.

I returned back my home and my mom was waiting for me.

"Hey mom" I hugged her.

"Hello jackson.how was your day dear?"

"It was kinda boring today mom"

"Its okay dear."

We begun to chat.she told me about her day and I told her about mine as it was our usual habit.

"Mom you know what.there is a girl in my class.her name is melissah."

"Ahaan"

"Mom I dont understand her sometimes.. or you can say most of the times"

"Why is that so?"

"I don't know.she is a bit weird.she is always engroosed in her books or her brain is always occupied by her thoughts.she dont speak much.she never joined us for outing.she stays at her home most of the time.I often wonder how can some one stays at home and that too alone?i know she lost her parents at a young age byt uts been a long time.her face is always blank but her eyes are deep.i often feel like she wants to say something but she is unable to do so.she is scared to do any new task but when she is forced to do she stands first in that task."I begun to explain my thoughts to my mom although I couldn't find proper words to describe them.

"Hmm according to what you told me about her I think she is strong but she is weak from inside.she isn't confident about her skills or may be she doesn't know about them either.or may be she is lacking love and affection as she lost her parents in such a young age thats why she is like this?" My mother expressed her views.

"I think you are right.she needs encouragement.she isn't confident to share her thoughts,to express her views."

"Yeah"

"But then if this is the case how can we help her?how can we make her feel that she have her friends by her side now?

"you guys need to deal her with love and affection.make her assure that you guys are there for her.encourage her to feel free to express her thoughts may be thats how she would confess what she is hiding away,or what she feels?"

"Mom you are such a genius.I love you" with that I hugged her again.

" I know dear your dad didn't marry me for nothing" she said while giggling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading :)

Must share your thoughts in comment section :)