Angel And Demon

"Your newest assignment." Kosuke has only been an angel for over ten hundred years and he was always getting these kinds of assignments.
     "Another one?"
     "Yes Mr. Ooshiba, another one. Look, your brother is on one of these cases too. You can do them together."
     "Alright, alright. Thanks Ms. Kakudo." Kosuke said waving the folder as he left the hall of records.
     "Kousuke! Kousuke! Did you get your new assignment too?" Kensuke, Kosuke's little brother, came running up to him.
     "You did! Who is your demon this time? Mine is named Hasekura Asaya!"
     "I haven't looked yet I just now got his files. Let's see... Masahiro Setagawa. He looks cute enough."
      "Then let's get going! I want to meet them as soon as possible!" Kensuke grabbed Kousukes arm and pulled him along.
"He's always so energetic." Kousuke chuckled to himself.
     They made their way down to when most people would call Hell. Though the angles didn't they just called it the Demon's Realm as theirs was called the Angle's Realm by the demons.
     The gate keeper greeted them both.
     "Here for another round boys?"
     "Yes sir; just got them this morning!"
     "Well go right on ahead." He opened the gates for them and they passed through.
     "Have a good day Mr. Kipa." Kousuke and Kensuke waved.
     "I have to go to the Nishi District. Where are you going Kensuke?"
     "I'm going to the Kita District."
     "I'll see you when I finish then."
     "Yep! See you big brother, good luck!"
     Kousuke watched him go before turning west to the Nishi District.
     He read along the files on Masahiro. There wasn't much about him though.
     In fact, Kousuke couldn't see why Masahiro was a demon. He didn't have seemed to commit anything that dastardly.
      When Kousuke actually met him, he really couldn't see why he was a demon.
     "H- hi Mr. Ooshiba. I'm Masahiro Setagawa." The blonde boy stuck his hand out for him to shake, even though it was already slightly shaking.
     "Hello Masahiro. You can just call me Kousuke by the way." He tried to look the boy in the eyes and calm him down slightly.
     "Welp, you guys are now acquainted so I'll leave." The demon who brought Masahiro to him left.
     "So... shall we get started?"
     "Huh? Oh, yes of course." They walked aimlessly as they talked.
     "Okay so you know I'm your guardian angel for the time being and I'm here to help you prove you're good and can become an angel."
     "Yes I- umm, do." Masahiro nodded his head up and down quickly. He started to fiddle with his fingers.
     "You don't have to be nervous. I'm just going to ask some questions and you'll go through some trails. It's nothing to be scared about."
     "I know... it's just. I feel like I'm going to fail horribly in some way."
     "You'll be fine. Nobody ever usually fails these. Besides the head angles deemed you worthy of being an angle so I'm sure you'll do great."
     It was a long walk to the place where the trails took place so Kousuke decided to ask his questions as they walked.
     "So first question. Why were you made a demon and not an angle in the first place? I've looked through your files and you don't seem like you've done anything that bad."
     "I- I- I umm..." Masahiro stopped in his tracks.
     "Masahiro?" Kousuke came to his side and held shoulders. Masahiro couldn't look him in the eyes.
     "Did you read how I died?"
     "No I usually don't. I didn't this time either."
     "The reason I died is part of why I'm a demon. I- I killed my stepfather."
     "What?" Kosuke couldn't believe this sweet little thing he had just met had killed a man.
     "I swear I didn't mean to! He was always hitting me and my mom." Masahiro's knees have put and Kousuke helped him stand.
     "One day he hit her and she hit her head off the table. She passed out. I couldn't take it. I ended up in a fight with him. The balcony doors were open and managed to get me out onto the balcony. We were on the fifth floor. I lost my strength and he managed to push me off the railing. In a last attempt not to fall I grabbed his shirt. He lost his balance and we both feel. From 50ft up, we both died that day."
     "From what I'm hearing it's not your fault, it was your stepfather. You were just trying to protect yourself and your mother. It was self defense."
     "But still! If I hadn't grabbed onto him, he wouldn't have died... it's my fault..." Masahiro has started to cry.
     "Masahiro he tried to kill you if, either way you would have died. You were just trying to live." Kousuke pulled Masahiro closer and wrapped his arms around him.
     "It's alright Masahiro, lets get you to the trail and get you through this. Let's make you an angel, alright?" Kousuke looked Masahiro in the eyes.
     Masahiro sniffled and nodded.
     They made their way to the building where the trail for Masahiro would take place.
     Kousuke couldn't go inside with Masahiro so he just gave him encouragement.
     Kousuke was worried. He knew what the trails was. They made you relive your worst moment. The moment that made you a demon instead of an angle or an in between.
     Kousuke felt horrible that Masahiro was going to have to relive his death.
     After a while of waiting Masahiro came out. He was silent and was shaking slightly.
     Kousuke ran up and hugged him.
     "It's over Masahiro. You won't have to relive that ever again."
     "I'm alright Kousuke. I had to go through it again but this time I just kept him from hitting my mom again. I died anyways but he didn't. They said I made better choices this time and that I was ready to be an angle."
     "Though I think it's stupid you were made a demon in the first place, I'm glad you're alright."
     He started to walk and let Masahiro lean on him.
     "Let's get you to the Angel's realm."
     Kousuke led Mashiro through the angel realm to the place where he would officially become an angel.
     When they got there Kousuke saw Kensuke.
     "Kensuke!"
     "Big brother! So your's passed the test too? Good! Mine too!" He waved for a lanky boy with light brown hair to come over.
     "This is Hasekura! And I'm guessing your Masahiro?"
     "Yes it's nice to meet you."
     "You too! Now let's go make you guys official angels!"
     They walked to the end of the room. A voice boomed in front of them.
"Masahiro Setagawa and Hasekura Asaya. You stand in front of head angels. Please await your final ruling."
     Both Masahiro and Hasekura kneeled in front of the empty platform.
     Kensuke and Kousuke looked at each other before stepping onto the platform.
     "What-?" Both Hasekura and Masahiro started.
     "We are the Ooshiba brothers, two of the eight Head Angels." Kensuke spoke.
     "You have undergone trails were oversaw by two head angles themselves. You both passed and did very well. You both are now officially angels." Both of them bowed.
      When Kensuke stood back up he kept down and threw his arms around Hasekura.
     "You did it! You're an angel now!"
     "Yeah... thanks Kensuke."
     "Aww it was all you. Now let's got get you angel clothing. Come on!" Kensuke led Hasekura out of the room.
     "Masahiro."
     "You're- you're a Head Angel?!"
     "Yeah... were not usually supposed to tell demons that we are. Also we're not supposed to be guardian angels but we get bored." Kosuke hipped down and wrapped his arms around Masahiro.
     "I think we should follow Kensuke. You need your new clothes and I can't wait to see you in angel clothing." Kousuke stepped back and held out his hand.
     "Shall we go?"
     Masahiro looked at him in amazement once more before taking his hand.
     "Yeah, let's go." He smiled up at Kousuke.
"Demon my butt. He was never meant to be one. If anything, I'm pretty sure he was a better person than I was. I'm glad he's here now."
     Kousuke thought to himself as they walked hand and hand out of the room.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~1,377 words~
~I really liked this prompt and wanted to give it a try. Hopefully you enjoyed and have a great day~

~Shipwhatever