𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

ALEJIAH (A-LAY-JIAH)

she dialed amir's number into the telephone in her dorm

she dialed amir's number into the telephone in her dorm. up late, trying to finish an essay due tomorrow, she wasn't really in the mood to go clubbing tonight. and telling amir that she wanted to cancel wouldn't be very easy.

"hey bubs, i don't think i-"

"where are you?!" he interrupted.

"nigga, if you didn't talk over me you would've heard!"

"don't tell me you're gonna cancel on your very best friends," he whined in a childish voice.

amir and malia were really her very best friends. they were with alejiah through everything since the first grade. it was never really certain how they all met and became so close, but altogether they created a teapot that got the tea and let none escape. they were inseparable and seriously let no one else into their group of three. some thought it was rude, most think it was the cutest.

"i don't know, bub. i have a lot of work to do for american music history and i hate procastinating, you know that."

"well all you have to do is come right back after tonight. maybe the club will give some inspiration. just come, we're already here."

she couldn't leave her children alone in the club where they could get taken or eaten alive. it would be all her fault if she wasn't there, so the girl got off her fatass and made the quick decision of the night.

"i'll be there." and she hung up.

alejiah speeded into her bathroom to wrap her several different curl patterns into a loose bun, leaving some spirals out. she slipped on a yellow off-the-shoulder croptop and a pair of black skinny jeans. she tied up whatever shoes. her petite yet curved body was caressed by the skinny jeans and the caramel brown skin of her chest was accented by the dark cheddar of her top. she looked good enough to eat.

the chocolate college girl stuck with a clean face so there would be less to do when she got back later. she wouldn't need it anyway. many said she looked like a real life bratz doll but was far from a brat. everyone saw alejiah as a sweetheart, someone who always did the right thing and was mainly focused on school. those who thought that were only half right.

alejiah partied every friday whether it was at the club a few blocks from howard or in someone else's dorm. at howard, parties happen practically every night. it's a historically black university and those darkskinned mofos know how to get down. of course, they have a mix of several cultures there, but black folks take over the campus. she grew in a black neighborhood and always had a preference for guys with darker skin, she was raised to find a man that reminded her of her father who indeed has dark skin.

getting in was hard work, but she did what was required to be able to have fun on the weekends. after she's finished up studying and writing damn near 20-page essays, it's nice to shake some ass as a stress reliever. friday to sunday was also the only time that time that malia was free due to her having take care of her daughter, neyana.

most nights ended with taking somebody home because why not? you only have one life to live so why not live it to the absolute fullest. people go insane at the club, girls and boys. you'd mind your own business and niggas whisper in your ears, and touch on you. the young mocha lady never minded because that's what she was looking for. dancing in the club with a dude would only be the beginning. dancing leads to touching, touching leads to kissing, and kissing leads to getting dug out in her dorm.

in all reality, she never got attached, she was purely a heartbreaker because she really just wanted dick. she always said life is too short and people can leave you in a heartbeat so do all you can while you can, nothing's permanent.

once she knew she was ready, she was out the door. walking down the street, men hollered at her, calling her "ma" and "baby" but she simply ignored their dumbass comments about her thighs and "big ole booty". her mom always her told her to stay silent when boys would say shit like that to her, never let them see you act ratchet.

stepping into the club called flash, the air was thick. the vibe wasn't off, but it was almost amplified, colors could be heard and emotions could be touched. alejiah quickly found amir and malia dancing on the same lightskinned boy in the middle of the dancefloor before running straight towards them, giggling at the sight.

"what the fuck are y'all doing?"

"shit! you're finally here, it's about time."