Vol 4 Chap 112

(Warning: A little steamy ahead but it's been removed and would only be available in my Patreon page. My benefactors, I've sent the link to your email. For my non patron, stay fluff!)

https://www.patreon.com/chocolily

XH 112

"Mother Empress is good friends with Duke Heng since childhood, but she's unaware of his feelings for her. Her eyes only have Father Emperor in it."

"Poor Duke Heng."

Xiao Hua could imagine the teenager Duke Heng wooing the beautiful and single Empress, but due to her being dense or being a lovesick girl, she ignored the best husband candidate right in front of her. In Xiao Hua's opinion, Duke Heng would be a better husband compared to the Emperor!

Duke Heng does not have any concubines – she had asked around - while the Emperor has too much of them!

"In my previous life, when eighth brother and Concubine Heng died, most of us assumed that it was the eldest brother, with the help of Mother Empress, that murdered them and blamed it on our enemies. That's why Duke Heng hated Mother Empress and resigned from the prime minister's position. His retirement was sad news to us, for we lost a bright, intelligent man to depression and hatred."

No wonder he would hate politics and the royal family. Duke Heng had indeed cooperated with the heroine to clean up the royal family in the novel but the reason he gave was rather vague, nothing personal but rather being the voice that represented the scholar fraction.

"If it's not the Crown Prince and Empress that killed the Eighth Prince and his mother... then who did it?" Xiao Hua asked.

Anger could be seen in the Third Prince's eyes. "It's Concubine He. She killed Concubine Heng due to fear of eighth brother's maternal family... as well as sealing her mouth permanently for knowing Long Shan is not the Father Emperor's biological son."

Xiao Hua wanted to say a lot of things, but in the end, none of it could correctly represent what she felt. She knew she should not be shocked at how bloodthirsty Concubine He was, as Le Xiao Ting had seen how venomous those concubines could be in those Chinese dramas she had watched.

She bet that King Yama, who governed Hell, was working overtime during that era! There would likely chaos too when a dead concubine meets another dead concubine that also happened to be her killer!

Catfight!

"Did you tell the truth to Duke Heng?"

"I had dropped enough evidence for him to pick up and conclude the truth by himself."

Xiao Hua sighed in pity. The family members of the royal concubines lived a rather stressful life. Their lives would depend on the concubine's behavior and conduct in the palace!

"I can see now why Duke Heng would help you instead of the heroine. But what about Lord Yang Ling?"

The Third Prince laughed. "I just have to show off my talents and since then, he worships me."

Xiao Hua: '...' My boyfriend, I love and admire you, but there's a limit to self-confidence!

He laughed even louder when he saw the plain disbelief on his little flower's adorable face. "My archery is something Liu Chu Chu can never defeat. As long as the arrows are made of wood, I will never be defeated."

She gets it now. The Third Prince controls plants, including trees! But this young lady's common sense could not accept it!

"The arrows are made from dead trees. It's impossible to control dead trees, isn't it?"