“I’m Sally, Derwin’s mother.  My boy would be honored to protect to you again if the need arise.”

“If I was like you all, the boys wouldn’t have to protect me. I’m not sure if I’m fit to be your Luna.” I explained to all.

“So if you’re like us, you think you could’ve taken on three male wolves.  I don’t think so.” A man dressed in a security uniform stood behind Sally his hand resting on her shoulder.  I surmised that he must be Derwin’s dad.

My eyes went to the crowd around us.  “You all deserve a Luna, that isn’t as fragile as me, not a human but someone like you.”

“The moon goddess saw fit to choose you for our alpha.  That means you are made to be our leader also.  She doesn’t make a mistake.  We don’t care if you are human or werewolf.  Isn’t that right?” Derwin’s dad searched the faces around us and the room exploded in agreement.  Then all of a sudden everyone in the room bowed their head showing their respect.

The gesture filled my heart with the joy and acceptance that earlier I was not sure I would receive from Colin’s family.  Yet here they were accepting me as part of their family regardless of my shortcomings.

Some of the children pushed through the crowds and the boys that protected me the day I was taken stopped in front of me. I was so happy to see they were alive and breathing.

“See we are fine.” Robbie spoke for the others.  He stood proud with his friends except for Steven who didn’t look at me.

“Steven?”

“I couldn’t help you like the others.” I went down to my knees to be on his level taking his hands in mine.

“But you did, remember you got me and the other boys to run.  You were looking out for me.”

“I wasn’t fast enough.” Steven words were barely a whisper but I heard him.

“Steven, you were so brave. Look at me.  Thank you for protecting me.” I glanced up locking eyes with the other boys who fought to save me. “Thank you all for protecting me.  One day you all be fierce fighters.  I can’t wait to see that happen.” Steven gave me a lopsided smile. 

“Alright shows over everybody.  Our Luna needs food, now shoo.”  Tracy came bustling through the mass pulling at my hand to rise.  The group dispersed and went to their tables to finish eating. She ushered me to a table where piles of food was already planted.  “Colin said you haven’t had a decent meal in days, eat up.”

I almost saluted Tracy after the way she manhandle me and ordered me to eat, but thought twice about it. “Yes, m’am.” I greedily picked up a forked digging into the fluffy scramble eggs.  The girls joined me at the table, along with Vicki and with their plates.

“Hey Celeste, I wanted to let you know that I told Colin he was stupid for not telling you about us.  I reminded him daily he was being a dumbass.” Vicki grinned.

“He told me.  I saw firsthand what the alpha command could do.  It is definitely something I don’t care for.  That is a lot of power in one person hand that if misused could be hurtful.”

“Well Colin is usually responsible and never has abuse his power over us.  I believe you threw him for a loop though, clouded his rational thinking. If you are interested, you can start training with us on the weekends.  I will even give you some private lessons.”

“I would love that, Vicki.  Count me in. So what did I miss, since I’ve been gone?”

The girls looked at each other with suspicious grins on their faces.  “Well we were pretty stressed out when we found out that you and Colin were missing. So…..”  Alex began and then looks at Vicki.

Vicki eyes widen and started to smile before getting up.  We were the center of everyone attention again and the room became quiet.  I was a little nervous to find out what was going on.  What were they hiding now?

Vicki and two other guys rolled out a chart that was leaning against a wall in the corner moving it towards the middle of the room.  Vicki pulled back the cover and my eyes bulge out of their sockets.  I went over to the chart and stared at what was written and then turned my attention to the people sitting at their tables.  There was a sea of emotions ranging from nervousness, apprehension, to amusement. 

I slowly turned back to the chart before I was overcome with fits of laughter.  I couldn’t contained them and I know for sure I didn’t look dignify laughing like a crazy person.  I wasn’t the only one, my reaction release the tension and I was joined by a round of laughter, giggles, and snickering.

On the chart was a list of things for Colin and Dylan to do as slaves and for each act it seems they were voted on as the ones most popular by the people.  “Our bet got out, so some of us decided to relieve some of the stress by taking a poll of what the guys should do for the next six days.”

“Oh my god, Vicki that was brilliant.” I skimmed over the list a few tying for most popular.

“It has become the favorite dinner pastime!” she smiled looking over the list.  “The guys don’t know.”

I turned to the group to get their opinion.  “So which one should we do first?” The room exploded again with people shouting out their favorite humiliating deed they wanted to see their leaders do.  Me and Vicki put our heads together and quickly converse before making our decision.

“Alright, the winner is..” Vicki announces and then points to our choice.  Cheers and applauds were deafening and I began to laugh again at outcome of our decision.  I shook my head at some of the crazy stuff they suggested the guys do.  Damn I’m glad we won. These people really did have a sense of humor, and were a little crazy.  They were my crazy, and I’ve never felt so much love from a group of people who barely knew me.

After finishing my breakfast, I hurried up to Colin’s office.  I really wanted to see him and tell him how I felt.  I knocked on his door before opening it and stepped inside.  He was standing gazing out the window with his hands locked together behind his back.

I shut the door and started making my way towards him, something wasn’t right.  His body was stiff and he didn’t turn around to look at me.

“Your ID, phone and keys are on the desk.” Colin voice was void of emotion as he continued to stare out the window.

My steps faltered and I stopped halfway across the room. “Keys?”

“To your car, you are free to go.” Colin was cold and I was confused.  Free to go what the hell is he talking about?  Just about a hour ago he professed his love for me and now he wanted me to leave?

“My car is fixed?” My eyes bounced from his desk to the stoic profile of Colin.

“Yes.”

“I can leave?”

“Yes.”

“You-you don’t want me to stay?”  My voice trailed off towards the end of my question. I knew I was having doubts about staying with Colin, but I didn’t know he was too.

Colin slowly faced me his eyes were trained on mine, but he made no move standing post at the window.  “I’m giving you a choice.  Something I’ve should have done in the beginning.”

(((A/N)))

Dun..Dun…Dun….  Colin giving her a choice? What the hell Colin? Have you changed your mind about Celeste? The pack accepting Celeste.  I love to hear your sinister minds at work.  What humiliating acts do want Colin and Dylan to do?

Check out the trailer I made for Seers.  Seers will begin in September. Tell me what you think!

Don’t forget to vote/comment.