18. A Little More Of Me{Part 1}

Start from the beginning

"Is the mom around?" I asked. "Yeah, but she's a petty bitch. The 'if you move on, you can't see your kids' type of petty. I told him I don't do drama but I'll beat a bitch ass. I'm not trying to play mommy to no one's kids. He respects my decision to wait." She told me. "Jabri was nervous about telling me but I'm glad that he did. He's such a kid's dad." I smiled to myself just thinking about how good he is with children. He would definitely make a great father one day. "I hear baby monitors in the futureeee!" Mel sang. "No time soon and not before a ring." I sternly stated. I wanted to be a wife before I became a mother and that's final. We hadn't discussed future plans together for us to be thinking about kids.

Sure, things were going fine now but how can we be sure that this is it?

3 months was still pretty early in a relationship to be discussing kids and marriage. I wasn't in a rush to be married either but I do prefer a ring before a baby bottle. "I know babe. You've been saying this since you were little. No worries, that day will come when it's time." Mel smiled as she grabbed her things to leave. "I'm gonna get out of here, okay? Call me if you need me! Enjoy the art show!" We hugged and said our goodbyes before she left. Jabri had crossed my mind so I decided to shoot him a text. I knew that he was nervous and probably down about me 'not being able to make it', so I sent him some words of encouragement.

Delivered: Morning babe 🥰. I know I can't make it today BUT you'll do great! Just remember to be yourself and relax. Own your work 😘 I'll call you as soon as I get a break.

iMessage from Jah☺️😻: thanks mama 😘 appreciate it. I'ma be waiting for that call too.

Delivered: I know you will 😘

When he didn't reply, I locked my phone and proceeded to get dressed. Soon enough, I was on my way out.

I arrived just in time for the art show

I arrived just in time for the art show. People were still piling in as I entered, trying to be as low key as possible. I wore a pair of my Chanel shades in attempt to be incognito for a while. Jabri spotted me from a mile away so hopefully with my shades, I could hide. My ass would give me away though, dammit. In Jah's words, 'Ya ass give you up ma, I know that walk from anywhere'. Just when I thought that being thick was a blessing, tuh.

I listened to the host speak as I slithered inside amongst the rest of the crowd. Instead of going straight to Jah, I actually took the time to analyze other paintings. There were so many different styles and messages. Abstract, realism, art deco, contemporary art etc. Little fact about me was that I loved art museums. I haven't been to one in a while but I loved every visit. I appreciated the true meaning and love for the art. "Hello." A fairly tall man spoke as I approached his painting. He looked to be in his mid 30's, brown skinned with a low cut. "Hi." I politely spoke back. He stepped around to my side, giving me the space to admire his work.