Chapter 23

♡Darcy's POV♡

I'm running, from what or who I don't know. All I know is that I need something, something important.

I run and run and finally I see something. I see three human figures. Three? Last time there were only two?

I stop in front of them. The man and woman are there again as well as... Daniel.

No, it can't be. I know what's going to happen, so I whip around to see a white hooded person. White? I thought bad guys wore black. Well, this person held a pistol in their right hand.

"You shouldn't of turned around" the figure screams. And then the gun fires. But not two times as usual not even three. Only once, straight through my heart.

I gasp and fall onto my back breathing in as much air as possible. The three figures appear in front of me.

"You shouldn't save us. Save yourself" they shout at me. And then everything goes black.

I'm dead.

*  *  *  *

I sit up straight gasping for air. That dream, its different. Daniel's there and I saw the murderer but not his face. Ugh why is this so hard?

Wait, my parents! How can I forget about them. After all the lessons are complete I'll go to the closest police station and research them tomorrow.

But for now I roll onto my stomach and breath into the pillow. It smells like Daniel,  I must be in his bed.

All I can remember from last night was tricking Tyler, putting Elecia to bed and kissing Daniel. The kiss. It was perfect.

I whistle just loud enough for a pretty boarder collie to hear and scuttle into the bedroom. I pat the space next to me on the bed and she leaps up and curls up next to me.

I fall asleep while twirling circles in Fly's fur. Her warmth calmed me but the dream was still nagging me at the back of my mind.

*  *  *  *

I wake up with Fly licking my face. "Yuck Fly" I squirm. She barks which wakes me up fully. I stretch my arms in a straight line and walk over to the guest bedroom. I'm about to knock when I hear voices coming from inside the room

"Why didn't you tell me?" that must be Elecia. she sounds fine for someone who was drunk the previous night.

"I didn't want anyone to know. But its to good to be true, and you know what, it probably isn't true" that's Daniel, and what he says kinda hurt.

"Don't say that. I can see it in her eyes. But don't get all clingy, she'll get creeped out. However, you can't stop her from talking to people you don't like. If Tyler talks to her and she lets him, you can't go all protective over her again"

"How di..."

" I wasn't drunk the entire party you know, even if we did leave went it just got fun".

"I don't think I'd be able to leave her alone. She should be mine I won't stop til she's mi..." I walk in on them.

"Hey guys what doin?" I ask as if I had heard nothing. Daniel spoke as if he owned me, like I'm just another family pet.

"Wweell.." Elecia started but Daniel cut her off.

"We were just discussing the lessons today. How'd you sleep?"

Now he's hiding from me. He doesn't think I remember last night. How could I forget. I felt so happy. But if he wants to fake, we can fake.

"Oh you know, sleepful. So what happened last night, I have a major headache and can't seem to remember anything! " I exclaim.

"Nothing really. When we got home you and Elecia went straight to bed. I soon followed after I took care of the horses" Daniel explains.

SIRENS! SIRENS! SIRENS!

He's lying. How can he lie to me after he says he loves me plus kissing me. I thought we had something, but no, there goes my big imagination again imagining things that can only happen in fairytales.

Tears are now threatening to show and I use all of my willpower to hold them back.

"Well, please exuse me, I shall leave you two to continue your converstaion again while I get changed" I quickly make up this lame excuse to leave.

Once I'm out of the room, I close the door and let tears silently trickle down my nose and cheekes. How could he? he just used me and threw me away. That's it, I get to know the guy more before making any drastic choices.

"How can you lie to her" a shocked Elecia quietly squeals at Daniel.

"She doesn't deserve me..." I don't hear any more of their conversation because I'm running, where I don't know, I just need to get away from here.

☆Daniel's POV☆

"How can you lie to her?" Elecia quietly squeals at me.

"She doesn't deserve me because I don't deserve her. Wait, that's not what I meant!" I feel so stuffed up. Darcy just keeps entering my thoughts. How pretty she was last night, how special the kiss was. My lips can still feels hers, can still feel her sweetness.

Amy never made me feel this way. Neither did Cassidy or Emma, but Darcy, god Darcy makes me feel... different.

"Shut up! just shut up before you say anything else that stupid!" she screams at me. "Get out, get out, get out!" she yells while shooing me out the door.

Once I'm standing in the hall way I turn to face Elecia. She has a sad expression on her face.

"Couldn't you see how hurt she was" its obvious she's holding back tears, but why her. "She was obviously listening to our conversation but nooo! you were to busy lying to her!" and before I can shoot back a comeback she slams the door in my face.

♡Darcy's POV♡

I run into the barn and sprint down the aisle startling most of the horses. I run to Scoot's stall and open his door. Eye wrap my arms around his neck and sob into his warm body.

"You love me boy don't you" I cry. I can be really cheesey when I'm upset. "Come on lets go" I say while grabbing a bunch of his mane into a fist and swinging up onto his back.

I nudge his sides and we canter through the open barn door and into the sweet chilly morning air. I canter him toward the paddock and once again we fly over the fences. I make Scoot go faster so he's in a full blown gallop.

We race through the trees, making them all go blurry. We startle flocks of birds and disturbing still pools of water. We hop over a couple of small streams and bend and twist through the trees.

I decide to slow Scoot to a walk, he shouldn't have to pay for my anger. He's blowing through his nostrils but he continues to walk wherever I please. I turn him to face upwards and urge him into a trot. We soon emerge out of the trees and in into a large field full of long green grass and one single apple tree.

Without needing any guidance or approval, Scoot trots over to the tree and stops so I can dismount. I land safely on both feet and rub Scoot's forelock.

"Thank you boy" I coo. Yep, still sad and still cheesey. I let him graze near the tree trunk while I climb into its large branches. I pick a couple of apples and let them fall near Scoot who eats them happily. I decide to eat my own apple.

I start to think, I think how my parents are and where they are. I think about how heartless Daniel was. How could he say that! Great here comes the tears.

My life is really messed up.