Chapter 13

After we dry off and we get changed into our pajamas,  mine were all the way down the bottom of my bag, we start on dinner: Baked beans on toast.

We walk into the living room and eat off our laps. Daniel turns the tv in and the same news reporter as before is own the screen again.

"And teachers are saying too many teenagers are missing school lately. Mark Turner reports" she says making my smile disappear. "Crap, you'll have to come to school with me" Daniel says hitting his forehead.  "Wait! I can't go to school, they'll regonise me" I exclaim which makes both Daniel and Fly look up from their dinner.

"I didn't, until I knew your name. All we have to do is give you a fake one, otherwise your secrets safe with me" he says smiling. I smile back, unable to find any words to thank him.

I'm finding it really hard not to focus on Daniel's features. He has small groups of freckles on his cheeks and his hair sweeps across his face half covering his eyes. I try to stop noticing everytime he smiles or everytime he flicks his hair.

I decide to take my mind off things by taking out our plates. I run a sink full of warm water and wash the dishes. I put them in the drying rack and walk back in to the living room.

Daniel had turned the tv channel to a reality tv show which is confusing for someone like Daniel. "Hey have you seen this, these people are so stupid it's hilarious" he tries to speak through fits of laughter.

I grab the remote and turn the channel over to something else, I think it was some cop show, arresting drunk drivers or speeding weirdos. After a while I drift off to sleep.

I don't even notice when Daniel picks me up bridle style, and takes me up stairs and put me into the bed in their spare room. I roll over when I hear the door close and dig my face into the pillow. I smell the sweet fragrance of vanilla and roses. And with that, I fall into a deep sleep filled with dreams of Daniel and Escapers Dream.