Chapter 19

After we arrived back at the house, I saw a light yellow Volkswagen in the driveway. "Who's that?" I ask looking over at Daniel. "It looks like Elecia's here to tak care of Feather" he replies.

"Wait Elecia owns Feather? Wait, Elecia rides?" I ask excitedly. "Um yeah so?" he gives a confused look. I kick Scoot up into a gallop and we fly over the fence and into the paddock. I spot Elecia riding the pretty pinto mare.

Elecia spots me and rides over to us. I slow Scoot down to a hault and wait for Elecia. She approaches with a large smile spread over her face.

"I never knew you rode!" she exclaims. "Elecia, I met you today, I didn't even tell you my whole life story" I reply, laughing. As soon as I say those words I bite my tongue.  She can't know who I am. "Later. Right now we need to judge your riding skills" she says while giving me a cheeky smirk.

She clicks Feather into a canter and I follow soon after. Daniel and Storm stopped in their tracks and watched as Elecia and Feather, Scoot and I clear all the jumping obstacles in the paddock. We trot back over to the two boys, both bent over laughing.

"Wow" is all Daniel can say.

After we have stopped laughing I wipe a tear from under my eye.

"Hey are you coming to Tyler's party tonight" Elecia excitedly asks. "Yep" Daniel replies. "And its unsociable's first party at that" he gestures to me. I return his comment with a deathly glare which only makes him laugh.

"Oooh I've got to help you get ready" she squeals. "Oh its fine, I think I'll fined some jeans to chuck on" I insist, dressing up isn't one of my favourite things to do. Elecia and Daniel are now staring at me in complete shock.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"You've got to be joking. Jeans for god sake is not the right thing to wear to a party" Elecia shouts at me which startles me and the horses, even Daniel's shocked at her outburst.

"Drive her over to my place at 7:00pm don't be late" she's now talking to Daniel who quickly nods in agreement. "Ok see you then" she says and waves while trotting Feather over to the barn.

"What was that all about?" I ask in still in shock. "I have no idea" Daniel laughs. Soon we're both laughing and watching Elecia's car slowing grow smaller until she turns onto the main road and dissapears.

"Why was Feather being leased when Elecia was just here?" I ask.  "Elecia only recenty came back from a trip to her sister. Her sister has brain cancer and is in a hospital twenty-four seven.  I can't remeber where but they allowed Elecia to bring Feather with them to try and chear up Lilli, her sister" Daniel replies.

"Wow, are you guys close?"

"Childhood besties, friends forever" he exclaims with a smile.

I wonder if they've ever been a 'thing' or if its strictly friend zone only. Daniel must realise what I'm thinking and quickly intejects.

"We've never had feelings for each other. She's like my sister that I actually get to see".

"Where is your sister?" I ask

"Umm she left when I was little. I don't know why, something about not being cared about I don't know" he looks embarrassed.

"Sorry" I mumble, I shouldn't of pressured him so much. So I decide to make him smile.

"Don't worry, I'm here. You won't get away with anything anymore"

That makes him laugh. And with that said and done, we ride into the barn and untack the horses, waiting for 7:00pm.