Chapter 22

♡Darcy's POV♡

I start to relax and loop my arms around Daniel's neck, twirling my fingers in his golden hair. I felt warm and calm, I felt safe whenever I was with Daniel and now this just made me feel a whole lot safer.

But, as soon as it started it quickly stopped. The landline phone started to ring. I opened my eyes and stared at Daniel, he was still attractive when I'm this close to him.

I let out a sigh and rest my forehead against his. I then unloop my arms and let him answer the phone.

"Hello?" he sounds annoyed which makes me blush, does he like me that much?

"Oh mum! Hi, how are you? How's your trip going?"

He motions to me to be quiet by putting his finger to his lips which are a bright pink.

"That's great mum, no, no one's been here except me. Yes mum Elecia is helping with the lessons tomorrow.

"Ok I'll see you when you get back. Bye, love you too mum, bye" he finally hung up the phone and drops back onto the couch.

He looks at me and pouts. "Oh is little Daniel having a tantwum?" I ask and take this opportunity to peck his lower lip. This makes him smile.

He rakes his fingers through his hair which kills me on the inside, so hot.

"Mum and dad have bought more riding ponies. And because Elecia is probably going to have a headache tomorrow, I need an extra hand to help me with the lessons".

When he says this he gives me a cheeky look. "Ok I'll help you" I say, laughing. When we stop giggling I stare at Daniel.

"That's what I love about you Darcy, you're always willing to lend a hand even though it has nothing to do with you" he says while encasing my hand in his warm ones.

"So where does this leave us?" he's more serious this time he speaks.

"All I know is that I won't be able to look at you as a friend anymore. Even before I felt weak at the knees" this makes us both blush, I'm so mushy some times.

"Don't worry same here".

"Why don't we be more than friends while being 'just friends'" I ask.

Daniel chuckles then replies with "Ok 'friend'" and he starts to kiss me again. This time, I'm not scared and I know what I want. The kiss is sweet and thrilling and the next thing I know is that I'm falling asleep.

☆Daniel's POV☆

As Darcy falls asleep, I kiss her forehead. I really had no idea that she liked me in that way. I hook one arm underneath her legs and the other across her shoulder blades letting the dress flow around her.

I quietly carry her back to the house, shutting the barn on the way. She looks even more cute when she's asleep. I carry her through the house and up into my bed, considering Elecia's in the spare room.

I place her underneath the covers and place the blankets over her. Her brown hair creates a halo around her pretty face. I suddenly have the urge to climb in next to her but I stop myself.  Just because she kissed me once doesn't mean she'd do that again, and with that I plant a soft kiss on her warm lips.

This wakes her up and she sleepily opens her eyes. "Daniel?" she asks. "Yeah I'm here" I reply.

"I'm glad we met"

"So am I"

"Daniel?"

"Yeah Darcy?"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

And with that said, I grab a pillow and exit the room and make my way to my new bed, the couch