Chapter 2

I'm adopted.

That's all I think about. How could they not tell me I was adopted. However hard I try to be reasonable, anger overpoweres

any other feeling I may have felt. Except, I kind of understood why they told me now. If they had told me earlier, I probably wouldn't have understood what they were saying. But I also would have thought of it as a minor detail and would have carried on with life.

But who had they made a promise to so they could only tell me when I turned fifteen? My parents?

"Who are my parents?" I ask, tears threatening to show. "We don't know. The foster system wouldn't tell us anything but that you needed a home. We accepted you into our family, and they told us not to tell you your adopted until your fifteenth birthday" dad explains.

I think back throught my past.  To my sixth birthday and my first day at high school, all with people I'm not supposed to be with. "I think I'm going to go outside" I mumble.

I get up, letting my mum's arm drop to her side. I try to calm myself down but instead I end up running into our, or should I say my foster parent's, backyard. Chester, my foster mum's blue healer runs up to me and trys to lick my face but I push him away.

He whines at me and gives me the most successful puppy dog eyes I have seen in a long time. I smile and scratch the top of his head. He lols his tongue to one side panting happily. "Are you my foster dog?" I ask chuckling to myself. Chester puts his paw on my knee which forces tears to roll down my cheeks.

I don't understand. Why me? What happened to my parents? Did they die? I have to find out what happened to them. I must run away, tonight.

But how will I leave them. The last two people on earth who apparently really care about me. But I have to, I have to leave them no matter how much they love me. I stand up, letting Chester run in circles.

I walk back up the deck stairs and into the house. I look into the leaving room and see that my mum and dad have broken down in tears. I quickly walk up the stairs before I too break down in sobs and sadness.

I lock myself in my room and sit on my bed

and fall asleep.