Chapter 10

"What, stop messing with me I'm not in the mood" I say, I'm not really sure wether he's telling the truth or pulling my leg. "Let me show you" he mutters as he grabs my hand and leads me out of the paddock. I quickly drop the lead rope leaving the horse as confused as I am.

Daniel leads me into the barn past all the stables and into the tack room. The room is a very large room that has everything an equestrian would  need.

On one side of the room, western saddles hang off saddle racks, all shiny and polishes. Above them are the western bridles hang off hooks ready to be worn. There were also a couple of western halters next to the bridles. Below the saddles  are multiple saddle blankets all piled neatly on top of each other.

There was a variety of colored saddle blankets, purple, blue or green. Plus, there were also saddle blankets for certain saddles.

On the other side, there were the english saddles. There were jumping saddles along with dressage saddles. As with the western tack, the english bridles and normal halters were hung above the saddles. Instead of saddle blankets underneath the saddles,  a chest of drawers sat there. All the drawers had been labeled. One drawer said Bits another said Brushes and Combs and another one even said Elastic Bands.

In the middle of the room sat four saddle holders, used for placing your saddle on them so it's easier to clean or polish them. But we didn't stop to admire the tack room, before I knew it we were walking straight into another smaller room.

This room contained a brown leather couch, a coffee table and a cabinet with a tv on it. Daniel sits on the couch and I have no other option but to sit next to him. He picks up a remote control lying on the coffee table and turns on the tv.

The screen comes to life displaying a female news reportor with straight blonde hair and way to much make up. She sits up very straight, which looks like she has a ruler down her back.

"Now back to our main story" the woman announces in a high squeaky voice. "Darcy Taylor is feared dead after running away from her foster family. After signs of murder near the local train tracks in Spring Hills, police forces fear the worst".

The screen then changes scenes. In stead of the reportor, in her place is a crying couple barely able to face the cameras. Finally the man faces the audience and begins to speak. They're my foster parents.

"My wife and I are heart broken that our precious daughter has been murdered, but deep down, we some how know that the person murdered by the train tracks was not Darcy".

"But aren't you Darcy's foster parents?" a camera man ask. "That doesn't mean we don't love her!" mum shouts. Tears are pouring down her cheeks, the equivalent to Niagara Falls.

"Please, whoever has our d-daughter, give h-her b-back" and then she breaks down completely. and screan is back to the reportor but Daniels turns the tv off.

I wish I could say I did something really heroic like get up and start walking home or grab the nearest phone to call home, but all I do is colapse onto Daniel not even caring if I just met him. He doesn't seem to care either because he wraps his arms around me, trying to calm me down.

Long horrible sobs errupt in my throat and I don't even try to stop them. I must sound like and injured animal crying for help. I feel like an injured animal and I am crying for help.

I sit up and dry my eyes and look at Daniel. I then realise how he's not that hard on the eyes. He has golden brown hair and dark blue eyes getting lighter in color the closer to the center. He gives me a kind smile which creates small dimples.

He has a muscular and toned body and is maybe a foot taller than me. I smile back and cross my legs. "I'm sorry for showing you that" he says failing to hide the guilt in his voice. He looks at the ground probably waiting for me to scream at him.

"How can you say sorry? You probably did the most nicest thing anyone could have done" I lean over and lightly kiss his cheek in thanks. Daniel blushes but gets up to hide how red his checks are.

"I better get going, the police might come and visit you" I chuckle. "Wait, don't go. We're basically in the middle of nowhere. It takes twenty minutes to just get to the outskirts of town. You can stay in the spare bedroom, my and dad won't be back for another week, they're off on a work trip, please don't go it gets lonely by yourself" Daniels pleads.

"But..." Daniel cuts me off. "You're staying in the spare room otherwise you'd be sleeping on a park bench and I'm not going to let that happen" and gets up and leaves before I have the opportunity to retaliate.