Chapter 24

Avery's Pov....

   ----------------------------------------

    When i said I would give Noah space, i meant it, but what i thought would be a day or two, turned into 2 weeks..

     ''There's a special announcement today", Chloe said as we sat together at lunch.

    "I hope its about giving us a break, we just concluded our mid exams, i need a break", i said, sighing deeply.

    "Yeah, same here", she said, laughing a bit..

    -----At the Assembly---

   "The just concluded mid exam has given us the opportunity to announce the upcoming camping trip for all seniors", the principal said into the microphone, earning a round of cheers from excited seniors.

      "The teachers will be passing a permission slip, for your parent or guardian to sign", he continued. Immediately, teachers began handing out slips to all seniors.

     The camping trip was a long awaited vacation for me and probably the rest of the seniors, I and Noa-,

    I just remembered it was Noah's idea for us to go on the camping trip if we were still together by then..

    But fate has a funny way of dealing with us, Noah and i are no longer together, so i don't have to go on the trip.

    "Don't even think about it, you're going on that trip with me, your best friend, now look excited", Chloe said, making me laugh,she knew what i was thinking even before i said it.

    Chloe had done a good job at making me forget Noah, it was really difficult at first, but I'm trying, she always made sure i avoided anything concerning Noah Gilinsky, even going as far as alerting me anytime he was around, or with Bree or Lucy..

   She had supported me, ever since i confessed my feelings for Noah to her..

    ----flashback---

    "Spill!", Chloe ordered as we sat on my bed, eating popcorn and watching the notebook.

    "W-what?", i asked completely caught off gaurd.

    "Why have you been so moody since the whole Noah stuff, it was fake remember?", she said, pausing the movie.

    "I'm just hurt that he doesn't trust me, and-

    "And what?", she probed, noticing my hesitation.

    "I miss him", i said, groaning at how cheesy i sounded.

    "You like him don't you?", Chloe asked, smiling a bit.

    "I do", i admitted, knowing i can't lie to her.

     "Thought as much", she said, unpausing the movie.

    ---End of flashback---.

   "You can't force me to go", i said, sticking my tongue, out at her.

   "Avery, so help me God, i will go to your house, drag you all the way to school, not caring if you're in your spongebob pyjamas or not, and into the bus next to me", she threatened.

    I quickly agreed to go, knowing she isn't joking about her threats.

    "Good, we're gonna have so much fun", i she squealed.

    ..... Yipee!!!.... Not.

   ------------------

   "Mum!!", i called, as soon as i entered the house...  

    "kitchen!",she replied.

    "Hey mum, what are you doing?", i asked, noticing the papers on the counter.

    "Sorting the bills, how was school?", she asked, adjusting her glasses.

    "Fine i guess, hey mum, we were asked to give this to our parents", i said handing her the slip, watching as her eyes read it over.

    "A camping trip, sounds fun'', she said, sending me a small smile.

    "Does that mean you're gonna sign it?, i can go?", i asked, hoping she says no.

     "Of course, i get the house to myself for a week", she said, smiling widely.

     "Thanks mum", i grunted.

    "What's wrong honey?, you don't wanna go?, she asked, looking at me now.

     "Well yeah", i said, sighing, sitting next to her.

     "Why?", she probed, dropping the papers on the counter.

   "Its complicated",i replied, not wanting to tell her..

     "You can tell me anything", she said soothingly..

    "I like him mum, i like him a lot, but he thinks i cheated on him", i said, balling my fists and bringing them to my eyes trying not to cry..

    "Did you do it?", she asked.

   "Of course not mum", i yelled, hurt.

    "Good, so stop beating yourself up about it,you're going on that trip to show him how strong you are and to prove to him you didn't do it", she said.

    "You're right mum thanks", i said standing up to give her a hug which she returned..

  "Now that's cleared, tell me why i wasn't informed that you have a boyfriend?", she gritted out..

   ..... Shit!!...