Chapter 31

Avery's Pov.

We had just returned from our short trip and I was looking for Noah. I know, I know. It was probably too soon but I couldn't keep the excitement that was growing inside of me.

I reached for the bag of chips on my lap when a knock on the door caught my attention.

I was the only one in the room as Percy had gone to meet some friends and Lucy was doing whatever.

Throwing the door open, I opened my mouth to say something but I was stunned by the person I was seeing.

"N-Noah", my voice shook, but I quickly composed myself, raising my eyebrow at him in question, trying to look intimidating.

"What do you want?", the coldness in my voice shocked the both of us.

"Avery, can we talk...... please", the way his voice broke at the end had my resolve breaking, I blinked, still not getting why he was here.

"I think you said enough, oh wait.... you didn't", I snapped, smirking when he winced at my harshness.

"I deserved that and probably even worse but I have to talk to you Avery, if I don't, I don't know what I'll do", he said, the good girl in me had no choice but to let him come in, but still, I kept my distance, not trusting myself around him.

"You have 2 minutes", I pretended to look disinterested, but deep down, I was itching to hear what he had to say. He just stared at me for a while before taking a deeo breath.

"I messed up Avery", he started, earning a loud scoff from me.

"Shit, this is harder than I thought", he said to himself but I ignored him, taking a sit on my bed, my eyes never leaving his rigid figure.

"I came to apolgise for everything I said and did to you Avery, no words would be able to express how sorry I am", a pause.

"I should have given you a chance to explain but I was hurt Avery, I was so fucking hurt, and the worst part was, I didn't know why", he ran his fingers through his hair.

"You should have Noah, I would never cheat on you, but you chose to believe pictures and sluts over me, but I guess it should have been expected, it was all fake, you never liked me, so why trust me?", I said, my head hanging low.

"That's not true Avery..... at first, I didn't know how I felt about it, nothing was clear, it took me so long to realise how much I wanted you in my life and how I had probably ruined the best thing in my life in a while", he said, I swore I could see tears forming in his eyes. I was shocked.

"W-what a-are you saying?", I asked, my heart thumping loudly against my chest, I was afraid it would burst out soon.

"I like you Avery, and I'm sorry it took me so long to realise I did, and I'm sorry for taking you for granted.... I'm just.... I am so sorry", and that was the strike that broke me. I couldn't stop the tears that rolled down my cheeks. I was happy and at the same time sad.

Why now?, what does this mean for us?.

"I like you too Noah...", the look of joy as soon as he heard those words, on his face, would forever be stuck in my mind.

"But-", his face fell. "I need time to heal and forget about everything, It's not that easy... you have to work on your trust issues", I said with a small smile.

"I will Avery... I fucking will", he said, the happy tone catching me off gaurd. There was a pause..

I watched confused as Noah went on his knees in front of me, cupping my face with both hands. The warmth I felt was fast spreading and it only made my heart beat faster, if that is even possible.

"I will wait till you are ready to accept me back, but that doesn't mean I will stop trying", with that, he stood to his feet.

"You're leaving?", I couldn't stop myself from asking. The grin on his face only widened. With his back still turned to me, he shot me a wink.

"Yeah, but I'll be back baby", the door shut behind him as he walked out.

Me being the dramatic beast I was, placed my hand on my chest, and let out a dreamy sigh.

Deep down, I knew I could accept him back in a heartbeat, but I wanted him to try, to keep trying. ;).

A/N
  Hey my lovely readers, well, I have decided to be calling all my readers and fans, Glow babies:). That's beside the point though.
I want to apologize for taking time to update but please bear with me, we are almost done.

FYI, I am writing a new book, and it's going to be published as soon as this one is done. I am already a few chapters in.... I can't waittttttt *squeals excitedly*.