Chapter 4

Avery's Pov..

  "Noah", i drawled,pinching his arm that was around me.

  "Just don't do anything stupid,I'll take care of it", he whispered,kissing my forehead lightly before turning to glare at Bree..

   "What is it Bree?", Noah gritted out.

   "Baby why have you been ignoring me?", she asked pouting ,trying to look cute but she ended up looking like a dying pig.

   As if reading my thoughts, Kyle leaned closer to me and muttered.

   "She looks like a pig"

   I burst into a fit of giggles,making all eyes turn to me with curiosity,except Bree,hers was a glare.

    I cleared my throat,lifting up ne eyes to see Kyle smirking,i glared at him, which made his smirk widen.

  All of a sudden Bree launched herself at Noah,making his arm that was around me to fall off.

   "What the Fu-",Caleb began but i shushed him because i don't like cussing very much,i only do it when I'm vexed.

  Caleb gave me a weird look,but i just shrugged before saying;

"Don't cuss",

He just smiled, before turning back to the scene in front of us.

"Bree,get the hell away from me",Noah said trying to push her off him,but she was being super clingy.

   Deciding to jump in,i tapped Bree on her shoulder, making her turn to me,since she had her back to me earlier.

"Um,hey, i would love it if you can take your paws off him",i said innocently.

"And who are you to tell me what to do?",she snared,her attention now fully on me. Before i could even say anything, Noah piped up.

   "My girlfriend",he said,smiling at me, making me blush and hide my face in my palms.

  "What!", she exclaimed.

  "But you can't, you love me", she said,her voice breaking at the end.

I felt pity for her right now,but it was obvious he didn't feel anything for her, and she was trying too hard..

   "Bree,get over it,he was never yours to begin with,so stop being a pest", Kyle snapped suddenly, making Bree glare at him before walking away.

   We watched her until she disappeared from sight, i faced forward,only to notice the looks i and Noah were getting.

   "I'm sure you guys are expecting an explanation", Noah began..

Everyone except Kyle and I nodded expectantly.

  "But you're not gonna get it.. Too bad", he said smirking,turning back to his phone.

  I couldn't resist the urge, so I slapped his arm that was still around me.

   "Ow-", he groaned. Making everyone chuckle.

   "You don't have to be so rude", iIsaid getting away from his grip, making a frown etch on his face, but I soon gave way to a cold look.

   "Well, Noah asked her out, she said yes, and boom, they are dating", Kyle said.

"Isn't it weird Kyle's the one telling us their story", Blue said,narrowing his eyes a little.

  "Believe what you want but that's exactly what happened", Noah said, I could only groan because of how rude he was being right now.

  "You know, it wouldn't kill you to be nice for once in your life", I said turning to shoot Noah a look.

  "Actually it would", he said, looked like he was actually thinking about it

  "You are unbelievable", i said unintentionally leaning my back on his shoulder. It was when i felt his arm wrap around my waist that i realised the position we were in, but I was too comfortable to move. The conversations continued to flow easily, and i only chipped in every once in a while...

    "Guys, i have to go, i have a class now, and Mr Grundy hates tardiness", i said picking up my bag and my trash.

  "Look at you being a good student", Noah teased,earning an eye roll from me.

  "I have always been one, you just bring out the worst in me", i said before tossing my trash in the can and waving the rest goodbye.

   "Shortcake, i think you are forgetting something", Noah called out.

I turned to see him with a smug look on his face.

   Shrugging, i leaned close to him,as if i was going to kiss him, i just reached for his apple before straightening back up.

   "Uh, i don't think i am, but thanks anyway", i said, smiling cockily while waving the apple in front of his face.

   As i walked out of the cafeteria, i could hear the resounding laughs of Noah's friends as it bounced off the walls.

   I smiled to myself.. This is going go be so easy..